• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

This comment was made unironically. I hate Reddit so much.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
190af2699ce28f7400b2c21642f2a6db.png

G

Not even the first? I get not liking the sequels though. They're all garbage, especially the latest one.

I just think it tries to be deep but fails miserably. Also i can’t stand Keanu Reeves. The first one is entertaining Hollywood slock but nothing special, maybe only on a technical standpoint. Maybe it’s a movie you should’ve seen when it came out. I only saw it a few years ago.

G

I just think it tries to be deep but fails miserably. Also i can’t stand Keanu Reeves. The first one is entertaining Hollywood slock but nothing special, maybe only on a technical standpoint. Maybe it’s a movie you should’ve seen when it came out. I only saw it a few years ago.
Real thing said to me by an ex after seeing Moonrise Kingdom:

"It was good, but why did Edward Norton have to be in it? I hate him, it should have been someone like Keanu Reeves."

Stupit bitch. He's charming in the role, you whore.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
It's hard to believe the new one was somehow worse than the third, because the third is embarrassing
I remember the fat Milwaukeeans (not Pat, the other ones) kinda praising it and saying it was like Gremlins 2 and I couldn't disagree more.

The reason Gremlins 2 (and other good parody/self-lampooning movies in the same kinda vein like Airplane, Naked Gun, Tropic Thunder, etc) work is because the silliness is played straight. It's filled to the brim with goofy gags and cartoonish characters but the protagonists behave like there's nothing out of the ordinary and react to it all in total earnestness. That's where the comedy comes from.

Matrix Resurrection is the exact opposite. The narrative is conventional and devoid of wit and in lieu of jokes or humor, the movie just has the characters do blatant meta-commentary out of the blue every once in the while. It's not clever or funny to have Neo pretty much look at the camera as he's goes, "Golly, isn't it cringeworthy when movies do this", as he's doing the cringeworthy thing; it's fucking gay and obnoxious. It was insufferable when Rick & Morty pulled that same shit but that show at least had crafted jokes and some thought put into it. The new Matrix doesn't even have that, it has absolutely nothing to offer the viewer beyond the stupid meta shit, which it tries to use to cover for all its inadequacies.

I've heard the argument made that at least it's not as bad as the straight corporate reboot that they would've made anyway but that logic fails. At best, it means you're drinking half a glass of shit instead of a full one. It's still shit and should never have been made. In reality, it's still the same bland MCU style quippy horseshit but done with an ironic eye roll. It stinks.

HotDogJoe

Forum Clout
The new Matrix doesn't even have that, it has absolutely nothing to offer the viewer beyond the stupid meta shit, which it tries to use to cover for all its inadequacies.

I like how they just gave up on the meta stuff halfway through and the second half is just a generic action movie that retells the same love story from the first movie. It really was a pile of dogshit. I have no idea what they were going for with that.

HotDogJoe

Forum Clout
Trannies reading their tranny shit into everything they consume is one of my favorite things of le current year.

The funny thing is - the interview these freaks base The Matrix being a "trans allegory" on, "Lilly" didn't even say that. She basically just said she's glad it's helping people - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-53692435

From the interview - Lilly doesn't know "how present my transness was in the background of my brain as we were writing" The Matrix.

Fucking idiots.

You can believe anything the Wachowskis say anyway. They insisted The Matrix was always intended to be a trilogy back in the day, which it so obviously wasn't.