• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

thinking about building a budget gaming PC for $1000

TheYepster

yep yep yep yep yep
Forum Clout
havnt build a pc for a decade, dont even have a monitor anymore, so far this is what i got after few days of reading on this shit

any of you keep up with these? wtf happened to these graphic cards(retarded cumias building one mining rag i know i know), i remember it was pretty much an afterthought back in the days and a 150$ card last you a few years

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
There was a big shortage of GPUs which eased just a few months ago. I have a 1080ti, which is considered budget now, and it's still a great card. My next upgrade will be to 1440p, otherwise there's no point buying an expensive card for a few extra FPS

If you want an AMD build the 5900x is a better chip for video and 3D work, and has dropped a lot in price lately. I built that system for $1000, but I already had the card.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I bought a 3800 ti before the shortage and almost regret it because nothing modern is really worth playing but I guess it's good for a few more years. Also this site helped me when I built mine 5 years ago.

Joe_Cumia_Eats_HUMAN_SHIT

fuck jews
Forum Clout
You could save a lot more money if you monitored /r/buildapcsales and bought the right deals. If budget is your goal you shouldn't be committed to specific parts. That monitor is overpriced and 75hz is not much different than 60hz. If you're going to get something higher than 60hz get 144hz. Do you live near a monoprice?

Forum Clout
C4868E1D-B9F1-4CEC-AEDE-4012FF632E2F.jpeg
93FB366C-E6A5-43FF-90FD-6BD494BF9CD0.jpeg
409C531F-C81D-4E0A-994B-7E3258497C19.jpeg

I know a lot about the internets and gaming I’ve been called sexy and proficient at COD. HMU on twitch and cozy. Maybe kiss you.

G

I bought a 3800 ti before the shortage and almost regret it because nothing modern is really worth playing but I guess it's good for a few more years. Also this site helped me when I built mine 5 years ago.
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.logicalincrements.com/[/URL]
What would happen if you went all out on RAM and a motherboard but went destitute with everything else? Is it doable or will the CPU/ stock graphics card not handle it?

Forum Clout
First things first, you’ll need a decent headset with built in mic. Go down to the closet fast food in your area and ask them what they use then buy that.

Also you’re going to have to learn to game in dim lighting so your chick doesn’t put you in a sleeper hold. If she does, when you wake up just spit on the floor of your gaming area after she leaves the room and added points if you talk about sucking cock. That’ll show her!
4D577C22-5C55-4D1F-9DCA-984F4A33079E.jpeg
9D9BA72A-05FF-4FE6-BB23-B16A063FE959.jpeg
292D91D5-BAA0-46F9-91E7-BE34CA1C8156.jpeg

TheYepster

yep yep yep yep yep
Forum Clout
What would happen if you went all out on RAM and a motherboard but went destitute with everything else? Is it doable or will the CPU/ stock graphics card not handle it?
the new intel IRIS stock gpu seems pretty good, idk i would absolutely game on that if i cant afford a real GPU
the 250$ card they recommend nvidia 1660 super seems pretty good, but its still way overpriced and its 3 years old, fawk

TheYepster

yep yep yep yep yep
Forum Clout
There was a big shortage of GPUs which eased just a few months ago. I have a 1080ti, which is considered budget now, and it's still a great card. My next upgrade will be to 1440p, otherwise there's no point buying an expensive card for a few extra FPS

If you want an AMD build the 5900x is a better chip for video and 3D work, and has dropped a lot in price lately. I built that system for $1000, but I already had the card.
i think they say the AMD chip aint worth it anymore after the 12 gen intel chips.

shit i just google it doesnt have a iGPU so so so

TheYepster

yep yep yep yep yep
Forum Clout
You could save a lot more money if you monitored /r/buildapcsales and bought the right deals. If budget is your goal you shouldn't be committed to specific parts. That monitor is overpriced and 75hz is not much different than 60hz. If you're going to get something higher than 60hz get 144hz. Do you live near a monoprice?

Acer Nitro QG241Y Pbmiipx 23.8" Full HD (1920 x 1080) VA Gaming Monitor with AMD FreeSync Premium Technology, Up to 165Hz $155.99​

yeah this one is way better