• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Theory: Pat is trying to "Dear David" his Twitter account

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
Replace 'ghost' with 'stalkers' and you'll see what I mean.

Pat is going to drip-feed his Twitter account with an increasingly scary, fictionalized account of his battle against cyber terrorists.

The last Tweet in the series (before it's picked up by a movie company) will probably be something like "Oh no. They are in the room right now!"

‘Dear David’ Writer Who Scored Film Deal Says His Ghost Story Is True (Exclusive)​

Adam Ellis, the former BuzzFeed writer who just scored a movie deal for his viral social media ghost story, “Dear David,” has answered everyone’s most pressing question: Is it real?

“I’ve never been interested in convincing anyone that ghosts are real — I just wanted to tell my story,” Ellis told TheWrap. “If it was all fiction, I probably would’ve updated more than once every couple weeks.”

On Wednesday, TheWrap exclusively reported that “Dear David” is heading to the big screen. BuzzFeed Studios is partnering on the film with “It” producer Dan Lin’s Rideback.

The film, currently named The Untitled “Dear David” Project, will be a high-concept horror thriller based on Ellis’ tweets and images that started on Aug. 7, 2017, which started with the message: “My apartment is currently being haunted by the ghost of a dead child and he’s trying to kill me.”

Whether the story is true or fake has been long discussed by his more than 1 million Twitter followers and “Dear David” fans. Ellis also told TheWrap that he never expected it to turn into such a discussion — and that he would only update at night so he would have time enough to process what had happened to him.

“I definitely didn’t anticipate any of it,” he said. “The number of film and TV producers who have reached out to me directly has been really staggering, and I’m excited to see my experience translated to the screen.”

TheWrap: The questions of all questions — Was it all real? Or did you believe in a part of it and only then see the potential your story had?

Ellis: I get asked this question multiple times a day and I’ve sort of stopped answering either way. I think when people ask about it on Twitter they’ve already made their mind up one way or the other. I’ve never been interested in convincing anyone that ghosts are real — I just wanted to tell my story. If it was all fiction, I probably would’ve updated more than once every couple weeks!

G

It's become exceedingly obvious that the reason he deliberately instigates and feeds the trolls is that he wants media attention of any kind. He couldn't stick it to Adrienne by being a successful author whose face is on billboards on her way to the office, so instead he stoops to this level in hopes that a big-name publication does a deep dive on his stalking claims, and takes his word for it and doesn't do any research. This is why it was so easy to catfish him as a fake HuffPo journalist.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
It's become exceedingly obvious that the reason he deliberately instigates and feeds the trolls is that he wants media attention of any kind. He couldn't stick it to Adrienne by being a successful author whose face is on billboards on her way to the office, so instead he stoops to this level in hopes that a big-name publication does a deep dive on his stalking claims, and takes his word for it and doesn't do any research. This is why it was so easy to catfish him as a fake HuffPo journalist.

100%. It's how a lot of online scams used to work 15-20 years ago i.e. offer something that's too good to be true. Every remembers the Nigerian prince emails. But then scammers realized that doesn't work anymore since most people got wise to it and so they came up with new methods.

42 year old Patrick is still dumb enough to fall for this trap however. He's just not a bright boy.

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
The thing is that ghosts cant talk to tell their side of the story. For every pat claim there is like 3 screenshots of the incident archived that usually show pat wasnt being totally honest. Pat does want to somehow monetize all of this but our archives tell another side of the story.

Maybe that's why he's going on this new tack of creating fictional stalkers like the guy in the bar announcing himself to 3 of Pat's "friends".

Double down Tomlinson has been making up shit for years so why not go the whole hog?

Pat is smart! :D

RobertMewler

Forum Clout
His attempts at media attention is mostly to get his blue checkmark back. Partial quote from twitter's check rules:

Your account must represent or otherwise be associated with a prominently recognized individual or brand

News Coverage: Provide news articles that are about or reference yourself or your organization multiple times in the article. These articles must be from Verified news organizations and cannot be a blog or self-published content. Some categories may require you to submit articles that reference or link to your or your organization’s Twitter handle in addition to referring to you or your organization.

• Twitter Rules: Your account must not have had a 12-hour or 7-day lockout for violating the Twitter Rules in the past 12 months (excluding successful appeals).*

*We may make exceptions to the above requirements for accounts at high risk of impersonation or safety related concerns.

It won't work though because of his terrible history:
Twitter may also remove the blue badge from accounts that are found to be in severe or repeated violation of the Twitter Rules. Any violation of the Twitter Terms of Service or Twitter Rules, manipulate Twitter processes, or circumvent enforcement actions may result in loss of the badge or in certain instances, suspension. This includes:

• Severe violations that result in immediate account suspension.
  • Repeat policy violations in Tweets, including but not limited to:

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
*We may make exceptions to the above requirements for accounts at high risk of impersonation or safety related concerns.
Terrorists are stalking me at my watering holes! I need a blue check for my safety which I'm not concerned about!