• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The Shadow (1994)

G

[URL unfurl="true"]https://lookmovie2.to/movies/view/the-shadow-1994[/URL]

Yeah my last movie thread kinda bombed and the lead here is a homicidal maniac that hadn’t murdered anybody (that we know of) at the time. But seriously folksh, this cheesy as fuck comic adaptation slaps.

It’s somehow less ridiculous than other nineties weirdness comic adaptations but still kind of sucks in a good way? I’m not good at these.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
Loved that movie. Rented it all the time from Blockbuster. Didn’t do well at the box office but people are retarded so there’s that.
I heard it was Warren Beatty’s passion project and it shows. He was a big fan of the comic strip. Got a lot of his Hollywood buddies to do characters for little pay. Dustin Hoffman as Mumbles was hilarious.

I really like the use of color. Nice and bold. Sin City did a good job with that comic feel too.

G

I heard it was Warren Beatty’s passion project and it shows. He was a big fan of the comic strip. Got a lot of his Hollywood buddies to do characters for little pay. Dustin Hoffman as Mumbles was hilarious.

I really like the use of color. Nice and bold. Sin City did a good job with that comic feel too.
I definitely got a Sin City vibe after watching both movies. Watching Don Corleone kill his brother again was pretty funny. ‘Then it don’t work...’

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
I definitely got a Sin City vibe after watching both movies. Watching Don Corleone kill his brother again was pretty funny. ‘Then it don’t work...’
I love that scene. I thought Spaldoni was so cool as a kid since he didn't want to join forces.

G

Warren Beatty, Jack Nicholson, Dusty Hoffman. Those guys used to crush ass. Truly Hollywood's Golden Age in terms of quality of movies and lifestyles of the rich and famous. What is there now? Capeshit and gym faggots who paint their nails.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
I grew up reading Golden Age comic and pulp heroes, so The Shadow, Dick Tracy and The Phantom were right up my alley. I never understood why The Shadow caught so much flack. They definitely took some liberties with the origin and some other elements, but it was fun and respectful of the source material.

One of the last pre-fat Baldwin movies.