• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The New Republic's full apology & The Stand's response

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
TheNewRepublicApology.png

For the last year myself and my partners at The Stand were mired in what felt like someone's agenda to harm us personally and professionally. It turned out to be a cancel culture obsessed blogger who deemed us a danger to society. Somehow this self proclaimed journalist convinced The New Republic to run a story where almost every detail attributed to us was false. After months of dealing with attorneys on both sides The New Republic has issued a full apology and scrubbed most of the article's inaccuracies and allegations against us.

As a former journalist I felt a responsibility to fight this until there was a fair resolution. We believe The New Republic has done that. As for the writer, cancel culture has become a dangerous tool used by extremists in an attempt to cause reckless harm to people's lives. We hope he's learned a valuable lesson and chooses to be responsible for his actions moving forward in life and in whatever profession he finds himself in. In our industry we've seen cancel culture used more and more as a weapon against free speech. It's unfortunate that these tactics have become commonplace, but we are an example that if you tell the truth, the truth will always prevail.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us and encouraged us to fight for what we believe in. We also want to thank our attorney Jeremy Schachter of Seyfarth Shaw LLP for providing leadership and guidance through this process. Together we were able to accomplish what we set out to do from the start.

- Cris Italia

G

TNR must have paid Italia, no way he would just let this go with an apology after a year of lawyering. NDA signed, I imagine. I’m sure his lawyers told him don’t bother with Simons or Rick since they’re both destitute nigger faggots.

Simons’ career is finished. This is spectacular.

Bravo @SpaceEdge

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum Clout
TNR must have paid Italia, no way he would just let this go with an apology After a year of lawyering. NDA signed, I imagine. I’m sure his lawyers told him don’t bother with Simons or Rick since they’re both destitute bigger faggots.

Simmons’ career is finished. This is spectacular.

Bravo @SpaceEdge
Well I guess someone has to write the bird poetry now

Eagle ate the Rat
Rich Vos is at the Rio
Pat is very fat

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
TNR must have paid Italia, no way he would just let this go with an apology After a year of lawyering. NDA signed, I imagine. I’m sure his lawyers told him don’t bother with Simons or Rick since they’re both destitute bigger faggots.

Simmons’ career is finished. This is spectacular.

Bravo @SpaceEdge

fawwwwk this makes a lot of sense, especially why Cris would thank his lawyer at the end for "leadership and guidance".

He still might go after Seth, out of principle. Patrick might accidentally have smoothed things over this morning, and the NYC comedy scene doesn't have a hateboner for Pat like they do Seth.

G

fawwwwk this makes a lot of sense, especially why Cris would thank his lawyer at the end for "leadership and guidance".

He still might go after Seth, out of principle. Patrick might accidentally have smoothed things over this morning, and the NYC comedy scene doesn't have a hateboner for Pat like they do Seth.
Yeah bro you don’t pay lawyers for a year for a semi-retraction and then thank them. He got a settlement for sure.