• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The exponential growth of Pat's Kiwifarms thread

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
I flipped through the numbahs on Pat's KF thread because it seems like it's exploding in popularity. It's been around for 26 months, but only in the last six months has it really taken off. I tallied the total posts in the thread by month and then graphed them. Below are the total number of posts over time as well as the number of posts in each particular month. I've also added a few "events" that explain some of the little upticks in activity.
faf13ccc8f75d2a44037179b80d7ebdf.jpg

Pat's KF thread is currently approaching 7,000 posts (it surpassed 350 pages yesterday). But as we can see, even as late as six months ago, it was still under 1,000 posts. The Josiah Tapes and Pat losing his lawsuit really sent his popularity to the moon.

f0a27983f31530b83604654e9e2f77ce.jpg

This one shows pretty clearly that if Pat had ignored everything and Shut. His Fucking. Mouth., his KF thread probably would have died on the vine. Nice Streisand Effect, stupid.

Here's all of the numbahs:

DateTotal PostsPosts by MonthPages
Jan-20​
13​
13​
1​
Feb-20​
22​
9​
2​
Mar-20​
22​
0​
2​
Apr-20​
22​
0​
2​
May-20​
36​
14​
2​
Jun-20​
41​
5​
3​
Jul-20​
45​
4​
3​
Aug-20​
45​
0​
3​
Sep-20​
52​
7​
3​
Oct-20​
53​
1​
3​
Nov-20​
55​
2​
3​
Dec-20​
59​
4​
3​
Jan-21​
70​
11​
4​
Feb-21​
72​
2​
4​
Mar-21​
89​
17​
5​
Apr-21​
220​
131​
11​
May-21​
251​
31​
13​
Jun-21​
346​
95​
18​
Jul-21​
511​
165​
26​
Aug-21​
1167​
656​
59​
Sep-21​
2073​
906​
104​
Oct-21​
2943​
870​
148​
Nov-21​
3457​
514​
173​
Dec-21​
4169​
712​
209​
Jan-22​
5353​
1184​
268​
Feb-22​
6984​
1631​
350​

G

I always think back to Josiah asking if he would change anything about how he’s approached this and him saying “I wouldn’t change a thing”.

He was about to get Huffington Post largest ever article, expose a racist cop killer right after BLM, and shut down the forum through everyone being scared. He would be a famous hero who’s books would explode in popularity, and he would win.

Except none of that was true, and was just another ruse to make fun of him. Now he’s just a giant lol cow who repeatedly embarrasses himself while thousands of people laugh. No publisher wants to touch him, he’s doing a crappy Tiny Tim reboot that won’t get picked up, and every day he answers text messages from people telling him his wife likes farts in her vagina.

What about now, Pat? Would you change things now?

captain_kamala

Calling all simps
Forum Clout
nice data analytics stupid.

Some suggestions that you shouldn't do because who cares. But if anyone did care...if you really wanted to analyze the data you might want to add in a few other points of comparison. So things like total posts in relation to the the posts in that thread (or probably just the post comparisons to the other "cows") to get a general trend of posting. There's other confounding variables as well like the farms being down , the mention on the youtube stream and being featured on the front page.

With the farms the posting is fairly consistent, but where most people go wrong is looking at things in a vacuum. Say, you look at the posting and it jumps up 10x, you might correlate that with a milestone, but what if all posting in the farms was 10x at that time. Or something like the original lockdowns where people are just posting a lot more. In this instance it's not likely, but that is generally why idiots (like a certain rotund one), would repeat correlation =/= causation without understanding at all what that means.

Other data points would be posts per users or net new posters after a milestone to show new posters.

data is gay.
you're fucking autistic just let the dude enjoy it. geez.

Jim-sucks-shit

*ALL FUTURE COURT DATES ARE VACATED*
Forum Clout
I always think back to Josiah asking if he would change anything about how he’s approached this and him saying “I wouldn’t change a thing”.

He was about to get Huffington Post largest ever article, expose a racist cop killer right after BLM, and shut down the forum through everyone being scared. He would be a famous hero who’s books would explode in popularity, and he would win.

Except none of that was true, and was just another ruse to make fun of him. Now he’s just a giant lol cow who repeatedly embarrasses himself while thousands of people laugh. No publisher wants to touch him, he’s doing a crappy Tiny Tim reboot that won’t get picked up, and every day he answers text messages from people telling him his wife likes farts in her vagina.

What about now, Pat? Would you change things now?
See that's the thing about our piggy. He still wouldn't change things. He still thinks he's winning or will win. He is deeply, deeply deranged.

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
nice data analytics stupid.

Some suggestions that you shouldn't do because who cares. But if anyone did care...if you really wanted to analyze the data you might want to add in a few other points of comparison. So things like total posts in relation to the the posts in that thread (or probably just the post comparisons to the other "cows") to get a general trend of posting. There's other confounding variables as well like the farms being down , the mention on the youtube stream and being featured on the front page.

With the farms the posting is fairly consistent, but where most people go wrong is looking at things in a vacuum. Say, you look at the posting and it jumps up 10x, you might correlate that with a milestone, but what if all posting in the farms was 10x at that time. Or something like the original lockdowns where people are just posting a lot more. In this instance it's not likely, but that is generally why idiots (like a certain rotund one), would repeat correlation =/= causation without understanding at all what that means.

Other data points would be posts per users or net new posters after a milestone to show new posters.

data is gay.
I did only spend 15 minutes on this, but in skimming the posts, I popped in those "events" because they appeared to be what most people were talking about. Like for the Josiah Tapes event, I think there was like 40 pages where it seems like it was all they were talking about. But I've never really actually read any of Pat's KF thread nor do I really know anything about KF in general. I just like going to his thread to see how big it's getting.

Almost forgot, shoutout to @Caverlock for being a real MVP in starting and cultivating the thread.