The 2024 NFL Draft Thread

I think that big ass OT from Notre Dame to LA was the best pick. They know what they're getting, and he'll immediately make them better. What other team can say that for certain?

And, he was picked 5th, yet chose to watch the event with his enormous Irish family from a fucking pub.

Why didn't New England take that big prick? That kid is a MOOSE. And his old man was a hoss in the NFL, too. What a terrible draft all around. I'm clapping for a tackle.
I don't think Drake Maye will do all that much better than Mac Jones, another reach, did. They're putting a lot of faith in a guy who played for a middling program no one cares about, and there isn't a whole lot of talent there to work with, either.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

You gotta pump those sink numbers up, funster.
I don't think Drake Maye will do all that much better than Mac Jones, another reach, did. They're putting a lot of faith in a guy who played for a middling program no one cares about, and there isn't a whole lot of talent there to work with, either.
Maye is fucked. NE is just a bad team and they’re going to be that way for a long time. He’ll be the backup in Jacksonville in 3 years.

Maye is fucked. NE is just a bad team and they’re going to be that way for a long time. He’ll be the backup in Jacksonville in 3 years.
He put up numbers at a middling, low-pressure school, and he looks the part, but throwing him into a starting role, in New England, with that supporting cast, has debacle written all over it. NE is looking at a hundred miles of bad, bad road ahead. But on the plus side, he won't have that lunatic Belichick giving him the quick hook after a shitty game vs. Tennessee or whatever.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
IMG_7323.jpeg

The one that really cracked me up was Bo Nix at #12. A slightly younger version of Brandon Weeden at best. The only QBs with any sort of decent pedigrees left are Milton and Spencer Rattler, I guess, and either one is just as much of a crap shoot as Nix is.

Ashcroft

Pronouns: (Hee/Tee)

The entire NE organization is fucked because Kraft let Belichick run the entire show for so long that most of the organizational structure is in complete disarray.
When Belichick was coach, GM, and de facto director of player personnel, Kraft could sit back and watch Brady take them to the AFC championship every year for two decades. Now that they're gone, nobody knows what their roles are or who answers to who or who's accountable for decisions.

The Krafts themselves are not football people and don't understand how to build a team. I'm almost certain Kraft mandated they draft a QB because they assumed it would placate the fan base. I can tell you, it has not.

Ashcroft

Pronouns: (Hee/Tee)
I still cannot believe Kool-Aid was still on the board at 41.

He was Bama's 1 corner. Terrion Arnold was their 2. But because Kool-Aid was so good, even against the opponent's top receiver, nobody tried to throw his side of the field. As a result, Arnold had twice as many balls thrown to his side and had more interceptions. Arnold is good, but my goodeness. Kool-Aid was one of the best college CBs I've seen in years. This time last year he was projected as a top 5 pick, as was their edge rusher Dallas Turner.

These panicky petes all drafting QBs like losers on r/wallstreetbets thinking they're going to miss out really motherfucked this entire draft.