• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

That time Jim accused SNL of biting his shit

lowend73

Forum Clout

Of course Aunt is backing his butt buddy up.

Norton's argument holds no weight. I don't see the comparison, and seeing as how Jim stole the Jerky Boys bit ,then his complaint is moot

Notice the 4 year gap between his bitching, couldn't wait to bring that back up Worm? I bet that Jim thought he should be a cast member just to play his Chip character. Im sure SNL would be receptive to an Uncle Paul character.

Last edited:

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
With Jim’s acting chops and generally likable demeanor it’s shocking he never got a call from SNL. Imagine all the celebrity selfies he missed out on. Dumb faggot.

Mr. Yimmy Morton, Peter O'Toole would like you to have his Oscar from "The Lion in Winter" as a tribute to your acting craft.

Hopefully the smell of booze from it leads you to an, ahem, "relapse".

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
How is it that him and Don Glover are the only successes out of Derek Comedy?
Glover was writing on 30 Rock in his early 20’s. I don’t particularly think Bobby is successful though. SNL used to be a kingmaker and now the entire cast is irrelevant. Edit: seriously is anyone from the recent cast famous besides Pete Davidson? Tracy Morgan, Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Eddie Murphy, etc.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Glover was writing on 30 Rock in his early 20’s. I don’t particularly think Bobby is successful though. SNL used to be a kingmaker and now the entire cast is irrelevant. Edit: seriously is anyone from the recent cast famous besides Pete Davidson? Tracy Morgan, Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Eddie Murphy, etc.

SNL is a safe haven when you want a (somewhat) stable check.

I have heard from some New York expats that worked in entertainment how cutthroat it is behind the scenes - if you don't write your own material, or buddy up to a writer who backs you, combined with pushing for time, you're dead.

I think Kristen Wiig, who I sincerely enjoyed, might have been the last good talent to leave. Everyone else is replaceable, from the clips I see periodically. I loved watching old clips in the early 2000's when I discovered the show, I remember all the names: Spade, Ferrell, Murphy, Hartman.

Can't tell you one of these current fucks if you put a gun to my head.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Norton was the standard comic when it came to stealing jokes. When someone 'stole' from him it was worse than war crimes. When he lifted his entire Chip persona from the Jerky Boys it was his comedy "evolving". When Norton date rapes a girl in the studio it was okay. When Patrice goes to jail for rape it is okay. When they go to Brazil for sex tourism with underage hookers it is okay. But when Louis CK rapes and assaults a bunch of women it becomes a "problem" because it had media heat.

They had that fag owner of the Laugh Factory on once to talk about Kramer's nigger routine. And Rogan was in studio and kept asking the guy if he allowed joke thieves to play his club. And the guy said "no of course not". And Rogan kept bringing up that he had Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia in his club both of whom were notorious joke thieves and hacks. And the club owner refused to admit that they were thieves even when they played him a bunch of stole bits. Because at the end of the day it is all about money.

Just like they all ignored Amy Schumer's thievery because she could put them in her movies or shows.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Alright i’m going to play DEEEEVILLSS ADVOCCAAAATE here and say, while guy who tells shitty jokes and gets no laughs isn’t an original character, it can be tied to Chip in only two ways:

1.) The character Daniel Craig is playing in the construction worker clip has the same inflections as chip and the same punchline which is “say something unfunny or unsexy, wait for laugh, everyone else laughs because he’s not funny.”
2.) Bobby Moynihan, a writer and actor for SNL during these sketches, was a famous Opie and Anthony fan, even saying he missed his first acting gig to listen to one of their broadcasts. It is a complete possibility that in one of the weeks where he was lost for material he said “Hey the basic premise of Chip is funny. Maybe that would work on SNL.” And none of the writers noticed the similarities.

However, even if this shit is true Jimmy is throwing such a fucking hissy fit it’s insane. Chip is not some comedic genius that has to be protected, it’s the simple concept of making a joke that isn’t funny with extreme confidence. It’s such a bland premise you could argue anyone came up with it. Not like it’s based on Nortons life experiences or some shit.

The second clip destroys Nortons entire arguments and show he’s a delusional idiot. “But that don’t make no sense…” is somehow construed to be stolen from Chip despite it not resembling Chip in how it was said on SNL and…that this was NEVER Chips punchline. If Kenan threw out a “Tss tss” or “DVV DVV” or started snort laughing I could understand.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
With Jim’s acting chops and generally likable demeanor it’s shocking he never got a call from SNL. Imagine all the celebrity selfies he missed out on. Dumb faggot.
Pretty funny that he was a comedian in NYC as a 3rd mic on a radio show with over 2 million + followers and he never had anything worthwhile that SNL could promote. He even had connections with Colin who probably didn't burn his SNL bridges, and Norton had nothing to offer them.

There's a lot of legitimately famous people who have never been on SNL and I'm sure they have their reasons. Jim Norton has never been on SNL because Lorne Michael's thinks he's irrelevant. Lol.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Chip, as atrocious and unfunny as it is, meets or exceeds anything on SNL. Watching Rwandans settle disagreements is more pleasant than sitting through either.
I know you're exaggerating- SNL has its peaks and valleys (like Pauly and Tony's relationship), but his Chip character is fucking God awful.