Something just woke me up making a sound ive never heard

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Gregory Pecker
The best way I can describe it was it sounded like pills being rattled out of a bottle but really, really loud. It went on for a couple minutes. I didn't know what the fuck it was or where it was coming from for a while and then I clued I that it's an animal making some horrible vocalization right outside my window. It was right when the birds started chirping. I've heard raccoons make pretty gnarly sounds, that'd be my best guess, but I've never heard one make that noise.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Gregory Pecker
I was growls of some sort. Little short burst, loud as fuck growls. I don't think it was a bird. I still have no idea what it was and I don't really know how to look it up because I can't really accurately describe the sound. It sounded like it was on the roof outside my window but there was nothing there. I'm pretty sure I got abducted by aliens.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
The best way I can describe it was it sounded like pills being rattled out of a bottle but really, really loud. It went on for a couple minutes. I didn't know what the fuck it was or where it was coming from for a while and then I clued I that it's an animal making some horrible vocalization right outside my window. It was right when the birds started chirping. I've heard raccoons make pretty gnarly sounds, that'd be my best guess, but I've never heard one make that noise.
When I first moved to the sticks I used to hear what sounded like screaming and it turned out to be coyotes running down by the river.

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
i hate this thread
EvqAD0P9gwbOo.webp

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Gregory Pecker
Could it have been a possum?

An armadillo?

I was wondering about a possum but that's not even close. I'm thinking it was just a racoon making a noise I've just never heard them make. I also have a bunch of crows in a tree in my yard but I've never heard them make a noise that jarring either. The craziest part was how fucking insanely loud it was. Like it sounded like it was in the room with me. It was almost like a cricket sound but more growly and you could tell it had breath and a "voice" to it, if that makes any sense.