• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Sociology Revisited: How sad must you be to have a "Social Media Addiction"?

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
That is what PigTrick TummySticks has here, but really... If he's your relative, how embarrassed are you if that's brought up at a family outing? Would you feel less shame if he was addicted to Heroin? Or prescription pills?

If I was a father (I'm not), and I had a thirteen year old daughter addicted to social media, I'd have a sliver of shame but mostly concern for my girls well being and the pressure of her peers. But if I had a middle aged son with said addiction, I'd question where I failed as a parent and kill myself.

For marketing reasons, I have a small social media presence thanks to my management. All I do is sign off, a simple yes or no. I leave it to their ideas and suggestions; I seriously could give Fuck-all about it.

The day you find me arguing with randoms on Twitter for sixteen hours straight over their dislike of "Makes Me Think of Home", you atalkers have my permission to euthanize me.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
The thing is pat is old enough to have been on the internet before social media. He should have known all these basic mistakes he makes. You cant share every detail of your life publicly while being a complete cunt and not expect the internet to start looking into you and calling you out. He posted his personal phone number as a business contact number on his own site and wonders how he was contacted. He never took any personal protection of his privacy. He has left a paper trail of every move he has made for years on a public site. Now the horses are out of the barn and no amount of damage control can put them back in.

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Forum Clout
The thing is pat is old enough to have been on the internet before social media. He should have known all these basic mistakes he makes. You cant share every detail of your life publicly while being a complete cunt and not expect the internet to start looking into you and calling you out. He posted his personal phone number as a business contact number on his own site and wonders how he was contacted. He never took any personal protection of his privacy. He has left a paper trail of every move he has made for years on a public site. Now the horses are out of the barn and no amount of damage control can put them back in.
Doesn't matter how old or (supposed to be)mature you might be, if you're a moron/narcissist social media would draw you in and expose your retardation.

Facebook made sense when it was starting. A small couple hundred friends of people you know or met (preferably in school) to find out about stuff and joke about recent things. Whenever that shift happened to people using their real names & interacting with people they've never met AND hate - all without repercussions for being an ass - it became super gay.
It makes sense to do that anonymously, you're supposed to have some shame in being an asshole, but the people using their real face and name while also being jerks are so fucking retarded. "Use your real identity" has never not been said by a faggot

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Doesn't matter how old or (supposed to be)mature you might be, if you're a moron/narcissist social media would draw you in and expose your retardation.

Facebook made sense when it was starting. A small couple hundred friends of people you know or met (preferably in school) to find out about stuff and joke about recent things. Whenever that shift happened to people using their real names & interacting with people they've never met AND hate - all without repercussions for being an ass - it became super gay.
It makes sense to do that anonymously, you're supposed to have some shame in being an asshole, but the people using their real face and name while also being jerks are so fucking retarded. "Use your real identity" has never not been said by a faggot
I always liked the forum layout. It was people with the same interests talking about the same topic and you dont have all these outsiders butting in and shitting up the thread with their agendas. Once myspace came out I tried it out but never really got into. I didnt like using the internet to share personal photos/details. I used it for the gay hobbies I have. So I have just been on the outside watching people get consumed by facebook/twitter over the years and its pretty crazy. Pat and Ant/Joe have been the few extremes that I like watch spiral downward and laugh at.

G

Patrick is very dumb and mentally ill. He also lacks basic self-awareness. I'd almost feel bad for him if he wasnt such an insufferable cunt.

Forum Clout

2009 is when I noticed middle aged moms started making facebooks. I thought it was such a strange phenomenon at the time, the idea of non-young people being on social media. Then in the early 2010s, you started seeing corporations making official accounts for marketing purposes. On tv you started to hear “Like us on Facebook” and out of touch boomer hashtags. From there, it was over Johnny. What started as a fun way to connect with friends became hijacked by the American corporate and political machine, and also Russians.