• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Simple Pig has another long self-indulgent tweet thread

G

[URL unfurl="true"]https://twitter.com/stealthygeek/status/1465070480302518278[/URL]

Was talking to my BiL over the weekend and he hit me with the "D-Day vs Dunkirk" models of how societies view crisis resolution. Americans, by and large, view every problem through a D-Day lens. Throw everything we have at a crisis and solve it once and for all.

This has been our approach to warfare since the beginnings of our nation. Put it all on the line and fix the problem forever. Which did us well when the objective was "Kick out crumpet eaters," "Defeat the Nazis," or "Beat the Ruskies to the Moon."

However, it's been far less effective when the objective isn't so clear cut or straightforward. The War on Drugs was waged in this way and has been an unmitigated, counter-productive, ruinously expensive disaster, for example.

Which is where the "Dunkirk" model of crisis resolution comes into play. Dunkirk was, by any measure, an enormously successful fighting retreat. It preserved the core of the British Army and allowed it to endure, rearm, and come back stronger.

But the American psyche views any sort of withdrawal or retrenchment, no matter how strategically necessary, as a failure. This all-or-nothing, never surrender attitude limits our thinking in ways that paralyze us in the face of many of the crises we face now.

The War on Drugs is a great example. It's been obvious based on all of the objective evidence for more than twenty years that our approach was a failure. But instead of admitting defeat and changing course, we keep doubling down. Other countries have done far better.

Same in Afghanistan. We won the actual War in weeks, but then spent twenty years refusing to face the fact we fumbled the transition from active combat to occupation, dumping trillions into a failed nation-building project, only recently giving up.

Climate Change can no longer be "beaten," or "won." No amounts of resources, technology, or effort can put things back the way they were. We're going to continue experiencing growing effects of a changing climate no matter what we do. All we can do is mitigate the damage.

We need to accept a Dunkirk approach to Climate Change. A managed retreat from what we've always done, and a controlled transition into a long rebuilding period before we can begin advancing again. But that will take admitting we can't win this fight in the traditional sense. I'm fat, too.

CarolMaxheinie

Runner, Unlike Fatrick
Forum Clout
As someone who just got his fiftieth patent (yay me) in a field tangentially aligned with clean energy and particularly large-scale portable energy solutions, let me summarize:

Pat is an uneducated, fat simpleton who should keep his dollar store MSNBC opinions to himself on the topic. Spewing ill-informed propaganda does nothing. It never has, and never will. His wife is also a butt ugly drain on society.

BudDickman

Forum Clout
All of this just to flex about being in the presence of family on "day 3" of Thanksgiving. This guy can't solve any of his life problems and requires government assistance, yet bloviates about societal problems. I wonder if he is taking a D-Day of Dunkirk approach to his battle with the trolls, a battle that literally everyone but Pat was able to avoid entirely by just living their lives and ignoring the trolls.

N64 Cube

Amateur Back Alley Tunisian knife fighter
Forum Clout

Was talking to my BiL over the weekend and he hit me with the "D-Day vs Dunkirk" models of how societies view crisis resolution. Americans, by and large, view every problem through a D-Day lens. Throw everything we have at a crisis and solve it once and for all.

This has been our approach to warfare since the beginnings of our nation. Put it all on the line and fix the problem forever. Which did us well when the objective was "Kick out crumpet eaters," "Defeat the Nazis," or "Beat the Ruskies to the Moon."

However, it's been far less effective when the objective isn't so clear cut or straightforward. The War on Drugs was waged in this way and has been an unmitigated, counter-productive, ruinously expensive disaster, for example.

Which is where the "Dunkirk" model of crisis resolution comes into play. Dunkirk was, by any measure, an enormously successful fighting retreat. It preserved the core of the British Army and allowed it to endure, rearm, and come back stronger.

But the American psyche views any sort of withdrawal or retrenchment, no matter how strategically necessary, as a failure. This all-or-nothing, never surrender attitude limits our thinking in ways that paralyze us in the face of many of the crises we face now.

The War on Drugs is a great example. It's been obvious based on all of the objective evidence for more than twenty years that our approach was a failure. But instead of admitting defeat and changing course, we keep doubling down. Other countries have done far better.

Same in Afghanistan. We won the actual War in weeks, but then spent twenty years refusing to face the fact we fumbled the transition from active combat to occupation, dumping trillions into a failed nation-building project, only recently giving up.

Climate Change can no longer be "beaten," or "won." No amounts of resources, technology, or effort can put things back the way they were. We're going to continue experiencing growing effects of a changing climate no matter what we do. All we can do is mitigate the damage.

We need to accept a Dunkirk approach to Climate Change. A managed retreat from what we've always done, and a controlled transition into a long rebuilding period before we can begin advancing again. But that will take admitting we can't win this fight in the traditional sense. I'm fat, too.
ps he loves crumpets
2178C382-9C2C-4F50-BBB6-856548ECF0DE.jpeg

RobertMewler

Forum Clout
As someone who just got his fiftieth patent (yay me) in a field tangentially aligned with clean energy and particularly large-scale portable energy solutions, let me summarize:

Pat is an uneducated, fat simpleton who should keep his dollar store MSNBC opinions to himself on the topic. Spewing ill-informed propaganda does nothing. It never has, and never will. His wife is also a butt ugly drain on society.
It's so good to have you back and in such fine spirits, Carol!

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
All of this just to flex about being in the presence of family on "day 3" of Thanksgiving. This guy can't solve any of his life problems and requires government assistance, yet bloviates about societal problems. I wonder if he is taking a D-Day of Dunkirk approach to his battle with the trolls, a battle that literally everyone but Pat was able to avoid entirely by just living their lives and ignoring the trolls.
The idea of Pat being given the reigns to solve a societal problem - any societal problem - makes me rock hard. He'd be facing a level of criticism he would be completely unprepared for. He's only capable of tweeting his dumb opinions to less and less people.

If given the responsibility of actually fixing anything, he'd cry to Nikki and resign to shield himself from resounding failure, like the failure he's always been destined to be.

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
Forum Clout

I like when people push the Niki hate. Fuck her, stupid weeble wobble

'THE NIGGER MAN'

Shane Noakes' rabbi raped his 9 year old dick off.
Forum Clout
Dumbkirk​

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
Pure tedium. Bloviating, shallow, meaningless analysis from someone who makes every single problem in his life worse by employing the "D-Day" model of crisis resolution that he derides here.

A handful of people on a subreddit mock a Norm Macdonald tweet you made? Wage an unwinnable war that costs you tens of thousands of dollars, your dignity, your time, and your sanity.

Pregnant wife is leaving you? Go thermonuclear, threaten to kill her, put a gun in your mouth, move back to Wisconsin, then sign away every single parental right you have, ensuring that you will never see your daughter until she's an adult.

And on and on. Pat wouldn't recognize a "managed retreat" if you deep-fried it and then slathered it in mayonnaise. Fat asshole.

G

All of this just to flex about being in the presence of family on "day 3" of Thanksgiving.

If he's down followers tomorrow from today's Mewler Report he will be "In The Red" for the entire reporting period. So Pundit Pat went back to the well that last got him followers: Tweet Threads. This is both a last ditch effort to pick up some followers or a smokescreen to try and make it less obvious that he bought some followers.