• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

SFWA president Jeffe Kennedy came up with a new fundraising scam

RobertMewler

Forum Clout
Jeffe Kennedy recently auctioned off some writing lessons and advice.

The winning bid was $1,501.50. Presumably those funds will go toward "voting rights".

7094cd4a82782c8807097cd7f9721252.png

Where's the scam? Her tutoring time and material aren't worth a hill of beans!

fa742f58daa42993bf5c2a4f5468abf1.png

Excuse me but who are the people who don't have voting rights in this country?? I smelled a scam here.

I researched this Romancing The Vote 2022 and it's worse than you can imagine. It's an ACTBLUE fundraising campaign that preys on saps who read romance novels to give them money in the hopes they're going to register more democrats and progressives (and line executives' pockets!).

From their website:

Record turnout in 2020 has renewed the insidious efforts to make voting more difficult by targeting Black, brown, young and other voters, and threatening their ability to have their voices heard. These efforts undermine our democracy.

What a vague, worthless claim. Proof or it isn't happening.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Jeffe Kennedy recently auctioned off some writing lessons and advice.

The winning bid was $1,501.50. Presumably those funds will go toward "voting rights".

7094cd4a82782c8807097cd7f9721252.png

Where's the scam? Her tutoring time and material aren't worth a hill of beans!

fa742f58daa42993bf5c2a4f5468abf1.png

Excuse me but who are the people who don't have voting rights in this country?? I smelled a scam here.

I researched this Romancing The Vote 2022 and it's worse than you can imagine. It's an ACTBLUE fundraising campaign that preys on saps who read romance novels to give them money in the hopes they're going to register more democrats and progressives (and line executives' pockets!).

From their website:

What a vague, worthless claim. Proof or it isn't happening.
The whole “voter rights are in danger” is a huge lie. Nobody is losing their right to vote but it gets idiots attention. Let’s not forget Joe Biden once told a majority black audience that Romney would put them “back in chains” like the threat of slavery coming back is actually a thing. Those on the left said similar things about Trump yet couldn’t actually show any proof. It’s like how BLM got tons of money that all went into their pockets and to ACTBLUE which funded far left politicians. Notice how you don’t hear about people donating major money to BLM? Because the money didn’t go to anything related to black lives mattering, not even a scholarship was created. The BLM website makes it very vague about where the money goes because you’re just supposed to donate and not question because if you question it they will call you racist.