• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Serious Question: Is it possible Jim & Sam have good/decent ratings?

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
I don't listen obviously, but I'm not intending this to be a bash-thread. I'm genuinely curious.

The whole shock jock universe was dying, but looking through the show's Twitter (which actually has about the same followers/engagement as Tomlinson) Jim & Sam looks to be a radio version of Entertainment Tonight with more wrestlers.

The SiriusXM business side of things oddly fascinates me. Opie and Anthony were lazy as shit, but when they were on terrestrial radio they didn't have that luxury because they were constantly stressed about ratings and each quarter would know where exactly where they stacked up. They would know if they fell a spot in Cleveland or wherever.

Does Sirius have any of that? They must have metrics and Jim&Sam must be hitting them...

I wouldn't be shocked if they have more WWE fans from Sam than O&A ones at this point

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
"I wouldn't be shocked if they have more WWE fans from Sam than O&A ones at this point"

I think thats a strong possibility. But this is it. The last 3 years. Sam better save his money.

I can't work out if alot of the fans on r/JimAndSam are trolls, going with the long con.

The show stinks.

Forum Clout
If you are stuck in a car someplace without 4G/5G for long periods and had to listen to *something* on satellite, what would you listen to?

The show isn't great, but it's better than whatever local market crap you'll get on AM/FM. And its available in the entire US.

And solely on the platform Jim and Sam gets *far* more listeners than almost any of these podcasters.

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Forum Clout
If you are stuck in a car someplace without 4G/5G for long periods and had to listen to *something* on satellite, what would you listen to?

The show isn't great, but it's better than whatever local market crap you'll get on AM/FM. And its available in the entire US.

And solely on the platform Jim and Sam gets *far* more listeners than almost any of these podcasters.
Faggot.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
There is no way that they have more than 100,000 listeners a week across their show including reruns and even listens on youtube/social media. O&A probably had that many people in NYC or Boston/Mass or Upstate NY on any given day especially when they were simulcasting on terrestrial. I would estimate that they are well under 15,000 people a day listening. Likely even under 10,000 listeners a day. And most of of those 'listens' are people who tune in for minutes. TSL is likely measured in seconds.

No joke. I would honestly not be shocked if more people listen to O&A reruns online or through their own personal archives every day than listen to new J&S episodes. Based on social media traffic alone O&A occasionally get shows that get a few thousand listens. J&A even with live content do not reach that audience.

J&S are a dead show on a dying medium on a dead platform.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Jim and Sam took a paycut for this new deal. They are likely doing better than most podcasters though.
Or they weren't making anything stupid in the first place. I imagine they make like what an orthodontist in Tulsa makes which is still really good money for a fun job.

As long as Howard was making bank, the Opester would never take a paycut. AntH would probably be happy to get Jimmy's guaranteed salary now though :image_9253:

Last edited:

Gay Faggot.

When the frying pan hits just right.
Forum Clout
They don’t have much. If you go by their YouTube channel almost every video is under 20k views. Yes that doesn’t translate to listens but it’s an indicator. One with Andrew Schulz has 20k and that faggot wigger is pretty popular. Why would you listen to Jim Norton, an old ass character, when you can listen to Chip Chipperson, the real person, who gets thousands more views? Sam Robert’s isn’t a comedian, and is mostly just a wrestling faggot. So people who like wrestling should like him, right? As far as I can tell, they all hate him. SXM at this point makes it’s money probably primarily through companies that play music channels on their speakers, not individuals like truckers who want to listen to talk radio. Even the boomers who get it in their new vehicles just leave it on Fox News. Why listen to them when you have the Bonfire, which is 2 comedians, who are funnier (I’m sure you guys would call them faggots still but they are indisputably funnier) and talking about more relevant things. There’s 0 demographic for these faggots, other than what’s left of OnA faggots that the board was unable to convert due to retardation.

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
Even their subreddit is dying off at last. The diehard r/jimandsam reddit fags have abandoned ship. If Nana shuts down his media empire and then Jim and Sam get fired it'd be perfect for them all to disappear into obscurity.