• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Seeing Smashing Pumpkins Tonight In Irvine

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
Forum Clout
I’ll keep this brief.

Rival Sons and STP are opening, but my cousin and I are gonna pregame at his place beforehand and show up before SP play around 8:45pm. I already saw STP when Scott was alive and don’t care to see this incarnation. And I don’t know who the fuck Rival Sons are and don’t care.

SP are my favorite band of all time and I think this will be my tenth time seeing them. They sound fucking great live now that Billy stopped hiring sexy holes to play bass. He also finally lets Jimmy do his actual job and dictate tempo, so they don’t rush thru songs anymore. Jimmy Chamberlin is the greatest rock drummer of all time and has been the biggest influence on my playing my whole life. I mostly go for him every time. This tour has been mostly deep cuts, so I’m fucking pumped!

IMG_5995.jpeg

Only good part of the scamdemic was acquiring Jimmy’s signature snare in mint for $568. Been after this one since my teens, but I could never afford it. Some collector in Detroit was probably hurting for cash and was letting go of some choice pieces.

54FAABFC-02DF-4B23-8F5B-C4F4699A20E3.jpeg

Last edited:

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
I’ll keep this brief.

Rival Sons and STP are opening, but my cousin and I are gonna pregame at his place beforehand and show up before SP play around 8:45pm. I already saw STP when Scott was alive and don’t care to see this incarnation. And I don’t know who the fuck Rival Sons are and don’t care.

SP are my favorite band of all time and I think this will be my tenth time seeing them. They sound fucking great live now that Billy stopped hiring sexy holes to play bass. He also finally lets Jimmy do his actual job and dictate tempo, so they don’t rush thru songs anymore. Jimmy Chamberlin is the greatest rock drummer of all time and has been the biggest influence on my playing my whole life. I mostly go for him every time. This tour has been mostly deep cuts, so I’m fucking pumped!

View attachment 141595

Only good part of the scamdemic was acquiring Jimmy’s signature snare in mint for $568. Been after this one since my teens, but I could never afford it. Some collector in Detroit was probably hurting for cash and was letting go of some choice pieces.

View attachment 141624

TWU. I've always wanted to see them and it hasn't worked out. I don't know if they are doing the same setlist everywhere right now or if they mix it up, but I saw they played "Doomsday Clock" the other day which they hadn't since Zeitgeist came out. I love that album but I gather that it's not regarded that highly for whatever reason.

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
Forum Clout
Saw this show tonight and it fucking ruled. Rival Sons fucking blew though. We got Interpol instead of STP and they were great
Nice! I’d have rather seen Interpol instead of STP, but we got there for the last 25 minutes of their set and heard all the bangers anyway, so that was alright. SP’s merch was so shitty and all the tees were $45-55. I was disappointed cus I wanted to buy one. I saw them months before in Anaheim and it was the most amazing concert merch I’d ever seen. Didn’t see any brothers selling bootlegs in the parking lot either. Irvine is a police state.

Last edited:

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
Nice! I’d have rather seen Interpol instead of STP, but we got there for the last 25 minutes of their set and heard all the bangers a way, so that was alright. SP’s merch was so shitty and all the tees were $45-55. I was disappointed cus I wanted to but one. I saw them months before in Anaheim and it was the most amazing concert merch I’d ever seen. Didn’t see any brothers selling bootlegs in the parking lot either. Irvine is a police state.
Yeah I was not impressed with the merch at all. I would've gotten a tour t shirt, but I wasn't paying $50 for one. The excusive show poster was some shitty design with a dragon too that wasn't worth getting. No brothers selling bootlegs in the parking lot either. I don't see them do it much except for sporting events.