• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Rock music

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
Found myself wondering about how, if White people stole rock music from the Black man, then how come we’ve managed to make it PFG? I’m sure lots of Blacks would call rock music “why pee po sheeit” anyway, so which is it? Did we just steal it? Or did we make it what it is?

Mimi Beardsley

She’s a real cock softener.
Forum Clout
All current song writing and compositional forms and structures come from the western classical tradition with few exceptions. The reason the ultimate black man’s music, jazz and blues, was what it became is because they learned and incorporated musical theory from the western classical tradition, adding to it their rhythmic and emotive tropes.

Hell, one of the greatest accomplishments of jazz was leveling racial lines and encouraging cross synthesis of every kind of music imaginable to create a sort of “world language” of music. What these idiots call “cultural appropriation” or “stealing” is so fucking ignorant of the history of music it’s laughable. New musical forms emerge from this cross synthesis of all the different cultures. If you wanted a pure “black music” without the introduction of western musical theory, you’d have to return to field hollers, work songs or even further back to banging on tree logs or rhythmic ritual dance.

People can make claims all they want about “stealing the black mans music”, but anyone with any historical background on the development of music over the last couple hundred years knows the core of it, the music theory, stems from whitey, even going back to Pythagoras.

Point being, music itself would absolutely suck if it wasn’t for the continual cross synthesis or forms and methods. Music is universal and brings us together. To try and separate yourself from this process by saying everyone steals from you is just being an ignorant asshole.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
This entire conversation for the last 20 years has been hijacked by guilty whites.

ACTUAL STEALING OF ROCK MUSIC:

Led Zepplin straight up stealing entire lyrics and compositional ideas from black artists, not crediting them, etc.

That is fucking stealing.

NOT STEALING OF ROCK MUSIC:

Elvis Presley taking inspirations from black R&B artists such as Fats Domino. Not only did he “do his own thing” with the genre but he always made sure to say shit like “I’m not the King of Rock and Roll, thats Fats Domino”. with Fats being extremely humble and grateful his music had an impact.

That is not stealing. That is clearly inspiration. So what? Are we saying that you can’t be inspired by someone of a different race because thats “stealing”? Or should we not be inspired at all?

Forum Clout
When I was younger, the black kids used to like Gorillaz a lot. Gorillaz used a lot of the coloreds as featured guests, so it shouldn't have surprised me that much, but I always assumed the urban youth would find use of British cartoon characters too faggy.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Once rap took over, playing the guitar as a black person was no longer cool. Prince was the last bastion for black guitar players.