• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Reminder Kevin Smith spent Father's Day 2001 ignoring his daughter to work for free for Prince on a movie that has never been released.

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Sorry honey The magical music negroe needs me and he's not going to pay me. See you tomorrow!

kevin-smith.jpg

Cucked beyond belief

G

Sorry honey The magical music negroe needs me and he's not going to pay me. See you tomorrow!

kevin-smith.jpg

Cucked beyond belief
He also destroyed He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Which is, admittedly a gay thing for people to care about. But they did. They kept it alive for almost 45 years. But he had to ruin it. What a faggot. He had a chance to revive a series he loved so much, that so many people loved so much, and he turned it into something unrecognizable and gay.

Look if you just hate that universe, that’s fine. Fuck it, it’s gay to care about toys and shows about toys, but some people did care about it. And he ruined it. He didn’t have to, but he did.

He went out of his way to destroy it the same way people went out of their way to destroy Star Wars for the people who kept it alive for four decades.

I mean if you just want to subvert expectations and change things, then just make your own fucking series. You don’t have to destroy something that was kept alive by other people for decades upon decades. Just make your own story. Just make your own series. You don’t have to take something that someone else created, and something that other people kept alive for 40 fucking years, and destroy it.

Just make your own thing. Stop being gay. Just make your own fucking thing. Make your own fucking story and develop it however you want to develop it, instead of destroying something that other people kept alive for a decade after decade after decade after decade. What a fucking cow he is.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Not enough crying in that picture.

Ok... I've stated before Smith is a Paradox. He IS talented, but only as a writer. He is the laziest director I have ever seen: he stages and blocks shots like a 1910's French serial (that's a Fantomas reference, Dan), he transitions edits like a 1940's Universal B-Movie (that's a House of Dracula reference, Dan), and he is beholden to his written word on the page more than Quentin Tarantino (that's a Quentin Tarantino reference, Dan). BUT, again, he can write. His Superman Lives script treatment was amazing, despite the limitations Jon Peters put on him. His Green Hornet was much better than that Rogen piece of shit that got made. And I've watched some of his spoken word - not bad. Plus I can never hate either of the first two Clerks.

I hold to the weed as his drop in quality. He went from chain smoking and eating like a fiend to getting baked and eating like a fiend. He's STILL smoking like mad after the heart attack. It just seemed like he stopped making an effort, and I haven't liked anything he's done post-Dogma.

Also, I'm all for being in touch with your emotions, but he's crying over a Flash season finale. Fucking grow up, you pillock.

Forum Clout
Meh, the nigger made Clerks.
Imma gonna give him a pass on all the shit afterwards.

Clerks is decent, but he pretty much stole the whole pop-culture reference thing from Reservoir Dogs and stuff like that, which had started to come out one or two years before that movie went into production. Most of the good stuff is just ad libs from Jay. I wouldn't say he was ever a pioneer.

Last edited:
Forum Clout
Clerks is decent, but he pretty much stole the whole pop-culture reference thing from Reservoir Dogs and stuff like that, which had started to come out one or two years before that movie went into production. Most of the good stuff is just ad libs from Jay. I wouldn't say he was ever a pioneer.
Honestly Clerks is good the first time. I tried rewatching both recently and it just feels like the only good laughs come from bits of Randal's dialogue. Jay & Silent Bob are pretty fucking cringey but i think Zack and Miri is genuinely funny and Dogma is a really interesting film.