• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Quanspiracy- O&A became political post WNEW

gassers

CakeHorn/Say "Cookie"/BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 Alt
Forum Clout
This is so fuckin creepy that it deserves a thread.

I am listening to a show intro (2004 first show coming back i think) And it is just sprinkled in with Colin quinn's conservative spiel from tough crowd:

"Our society needs borders"

"They get their jollies by saying keep pushing the envelope"

"Even if there is a buck to be a made, there is a price to be paid in terms of the cultural degradation that we do not want to be associated anymore"

I mean WTF. What does this have to do with a wacky morning zoo type radio show. It is so out of place and creepy when i listen back to it.

Like it is straight out of a glowie script that instructed them to put in there. Was Colin Quinn/tough crowd/Glowies responsible for the downfall for the show? I am just asking questions. :fighter_sm:

Linking it here the intro:

RoTheHo69

if you ban me, you are gay.
Forum Clout
Fawkin hell, I am a bobo level retard.
I'll say I think your suspicions are correct and that in all of talk radio (Stern, the b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-boyyyyyz, etc) there are some very odd occurrences and associations that are very glowy in spite of not hitting the mark on this one thing.

gassers

Forum Clout
I'll say I think your suspicions are correct and that in all of talk radio there are some very odd occurrences and associations that are very glowy in spite of not hitting the mark on this one thing.
But why catholic league is advocating for borders? How is that related to O&A? They are not immigrants. I know cumia looks like one but still very creepy.

RoTheHo69

Forum Clout
But why catholic league is advocating for borders? How is that related to O&A? They are not immigrants. I know cumia looks like one but still very creepy.
Borders in the cultural sense, not the immigration sense. He is advocating for a border between anal sex (etc.) and a cathedral, or anal sex(etc.) and morning radioooooooo.

gassers

Forum Clout
Borders in the cultural sense, not the immigration sense. He is advocating for a border between anal sex (etc.) and a cathedral, or anal sex(etc.) and morning radioooooooo.
oh ok makes sense. What i don't understand why colin and the worm had such a blood lust for conservative talking points during tough crowd era?

Colin genuinely seems like a liberal to me, he even treated bobo and patti with respect and kindness. He almost seems different personality during tough crowd.

RoTheHo69

Forum Clout
oh ok makes sense. What i don't understand why colin and the worm had such a blood lust for conservative talking points during tough crowd era?

Colin genuinely seems like a liberal to me, he even treated bobo and patti with respect and kindness. He almost seems different personality during tough crowd.
Colin's always been a conservative and nortons just a fucking worm that was fitting into the most lucrative demographic he could be poured into.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout

It was a different time. Twenty years is a long time and the country was very different right after 9/11. Colin is definitely not a liberal nor was he back then. The worm was just going along with his boss at the time, waiting for O&A to come back on the air. Opie recently talked in a livestream about how Jim sat with Colin at a roast in 2003 and not with O&A. He's a company worm.

Roslyn Vampire

Forum Clout
When they returned to terrestrial radio and had that "and now a special message from William Donahue from the Catholic League..." opener in Steve's effeminate announcer voice was so lame. After being a fan on WNEW and being pissed at the kid touchers being all OFFENDED at the St Pats nonsense and following them to XM, it was a tremendously pussy move for them to return to FM and then grovel to some mick nobody who acts like he talks for all Catholics. It totally felt like a betrayal. All their "apology clock" bullshit later just rings hollow looking back at that.

"ABOVE ALL ELSE REAL"

RoTheHo69

Forum Clout
Colin genuinely seems like a liberal to me, he even treated bobo and patti with respect and kindness.
Colin is from Bay Ridge and Long Island. Both bobo and patti are very local kind of fuck ups and kind of familiar in a sense to a guy who grew up in the area. You wouldn't get patti or bobo exactly as they exist(ed) if they were from Arkansas or Islamabad.

Last edited:

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
O&A wasn't political until Anth went nuts. Before then, it was just satire involving some known political figures from a childish adult male perspective, which is the ideal. Just picking apart Hillary's fat legs, stupid voice, and goofy life... NOT HER POLICY.