• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

People who talk about "the universe" like it's some kind of benevolent god

G

It's a workaround for people that think they're too smart to believe in God but recognize there is some kind order to the world around them. Same with people talking about karma or this "simulation" shit. The idea that there would be this order or structure or set of natural laws without some kind of creator to design and implement them makes no sense. Reducing it to a vague benevolent force that came out of nowhere is just a way for people to have religion without any real rules or standards to hold themselves to.

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
Scientists ask for just 2 miracles, but they're (arguably) the most important ones: 1) the start of the universe / pre big bang, & 2) Abiogenesis - The supposed development of living organisms from nonliving matter.

I'm all-in with the science for the most part; organic chemistry, molecular design, 3D biosteric modelling... whatever gets my drugs on-deck. They need to have some humility about what they don't know before they come at me with unearned hubris.

I'm not gonna comment on a literal God but their whole atheist / skeptic schtick is mostly an immature & mildly educated version of 'hey! I'm a big boy & santa doesn't exist, ain't I clever!!!'

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Humans can't cope with the fact everything is random. I don't believe in any supernatural powers of any sort but I absolutely convince myself I'll get some sort of reward when I do something nice or good from elsewhere. I know it's dumb even when I am thinking it. I know it's bullshit. Yet I still do it. It must be hard wired somewhere

G

Scientists ask for just 2 miracles, but they're (arguably) the most important ones: 1) the start of the universe / pre big bang, & 2) Abiogenesis - The supposed development of living organisms from nonliving matter.

I'm all-in with the science for the most part; organic chemistry, molecular design, 3D biosteric modelling... whatever gets my drugs on-deck. They need to have some humility about what they don't know before they come at me with unearned hubris.

I'm not gonna comment on a literal God but their whole atheist / skeptic schtick is mostly an immature & mildly educated version of 'hey! I'm a big boy & santa doesn't exist, ain't I clever!!!'
Science is a useful tool for many things, but like every field of human knowledge it is limited in scope. History can't be proven with the scientific method, but of course that doesn't mean that events didn't occur in the past. These fields set up criteria in order for information to be considered valid, but they cannot account for all the complexities and nuances of life on their own. And the idea that in order for something to be true, it must conform to man-made parameters is just peak arrogance.

chocolatehellhole

You are not creative, nor destructive. I am both.
Forum Clout
naughtydan.png