• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Patrick admits he loves us

DominusOdium

30 Pack of Natty Ice
Forum Clout
We're only ever good for sales.

1000008501.jpg

It's been 80 days since Tiny Tim: Space Detective went "out into the wild" with his agent to get shopped around to publishers with not a single update or brag since.

I'm surprised since he gets his tiny faucet kicked in daily now by trolls. Surely this would've spiked demand for his work.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
Pat would never ask a burden-of-proof question like that. He would just "no, child" the troll forever. Trust me, I have the PatAI code memorized.
Yeah, funny how all of my Goodreads reviews which quoted specific examples from his books to make a point about how terrible the writing is weren't enough for Pat to believe I'd read his sewage.

Jenna

bitch real g's move in silence like lasagna
Forum Clout
First line from page 278 in the ebook:

On Ansari’s outer hull, the protective cover on one of the eighteen laser array emitters slid open, exposing the focusing lens to space.

(They're firing missiles at another spaceship)

Jenna

bitch real g's move in silence like lasagna
Forum Clout
What an awkward, useless sentence.

The joy of his writing is you can randomly choose any sentence and this will still apply.

"The ship fired a missile", nope. Let's spend an entire sentence on a panel sliding open and a laser cannon is now exposed to space. The reader sits in suspense wondering what'll happen next, maybe the panel will close and no laser missiles will be launched.

DominusOdium

30 Pack of Natty Ice
Forum Clout
The joy of his writing is you can randomly choose any sentence and this will still apply.

"The ship fired a missile", nope. Let's spend an entire sentence on a panel sliding open and a laser cannon is now exposed to space. The reader sits in suspense wondering what'll happen next, maybe the panel will close and no laser missiles will be launched.
It's because he's a simpleton writing out what he is imagining in the movie he's watching in his head. What you're reading is his description of a filmed establishing shot of the weapon by someone with no real love of literature or the craft of writing. He's filling out his word count by cutting to and describing what he imagines the Netflix director would cut to when they buy the rights.

It's the literary equivalent of a kid telling you his favorite part of the movie ad nauseum with all the details well past the point the listener has lost interest.

You know... you know when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea: have a point. It makes it so much more interesting for the listener!