• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Pat is a fucking reject who only got published due to his "stubborn determination", which we can now attribute to extreme retardation

BudDickman

Forum Clout
Here's an interview where Pat talks about dealing with rejection:

He reveals that he got rejected over 200 times before being published.

R: Many authors, myself included, get discouraged with rejections. How many did you receive, if you don’t mind sharing?

PST:
Over two hundred.

How is that even possible? If you get rejected that many times can't you safely assume that you suck and find another line of work?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
IMG_0907.jpeg

“I changed it enough so we wouldn’t get sued”

DeadWithoutMyDavid

xe/xim/xey
Forum Clout
Mass rejection is normal for even talented writers. Book agents are getting hundreds of submissions every day and most of them are from other Patricks. He is beyond lucky getting one with his clunky writing. I suspect they were interested only because he had a Twitter following. They probably saw it as 50k potential sales, not realizing it's 100% Hindus and other self-absorbed "creatives."

Last edited:

Sue Lightning

IS SHE TALKING ABOUT ME?
Forum Clout
Getting rejected happens and it doesn’t matter wether you’re pitching a movie or a book or any other art form. Vince Gilligan (guy who made Breaking Bad) talked about this extensively. That it’s not a bummer to get turned down because thats the job. But 200 times? At that point it’s not about finding the publisher who’s right for your book, you’re taking anything you can get. This is not the brag he thinks it is.