Opie never gets references.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
It’s something that really stands out when listening to old shows. He has no clue about most movies when they’re referenced on the show. “I haven’t seen that in a while”, or “I’ll have to check that out” are very common excuses. Like Nortonnn, his music taste stopped in 1994 with the exception of a band like MGMT and I’m sure CKY, both discs his girlfriend, now wife, left at his place.

His discussions of the NHL might be the most glaring example of a guy that is bullshitting for the radio. Whenever a caller would call in about the Islanders, his favorite team since he was a season ticket holder and all, he would always get it wrong. If discussing the NHL in general he would be routinely corrected by the likes of Burr or DiPaolo on simple things.

ME: If I stop talking people will think I serve no purpose.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I remember some Scorch PFG TV thing having an islander on it and Sam asked "you are a hockey fan do you know Steve Young" or something like that and his response was he played for the islanders. Or was it the brewins, fawwwwk I used to go deep with the flubs.