• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Oof

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
Forum Clout
Cuwp8aL.png

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
I can't imagine why nobody takes his writing seriously.

Sci-fi and satire / comedy don't blend. Douglas Adams is the exception, NOT the rule. But Rick wouldn't know this - he knows nothing about science fiction or comedy.

I can all ready imagine the 80s references. He's a fatter, dumber Seth MacFarlane if nobody knew who Seth MacFarlane was.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
It disgusts me how his idea of “science fiction” is just random idea but IN SPACE. Science fiction is based on the idea of “What if” and putting a clever spin on things. What if you could read minds? What if you could live forever? Time travel, see the future, Etc etc. but this fat idiot thinks for it to be science fiction it can only be in space. Some of the best science fiction works have nothing to do with space but this idiot isn’t clever so it’s “durrr this popular work but in space”

Clint Ruin

I'm sorry, who are you?
Forum Clout
It disgusts me how his idea of “science fiction” is just random idea but IN SPACE. Science fiction is based on the idea of “What if” and putting a clever spin on things. What if you could read minds? What if you could live forever? Time travel, see the future, Etc etc. but this fat idiot thinks for it to be science fiction it can only be in space. Some of the best science fiction works have nothing to do with space but this idiot isn’t clever so it’s “durrr this popular work but in space”
Black Mirror is great sci-fi. One space episode, and it wasn't really actually in space. Rick has no real creativity. He can't actually pose tough moral or ethical questions like real sci-fi authors. Sci-fi is a setting for him, not a genre.

Nick_Carpinelli

PFG-ciple
Forum Clout
Sci-fi and satire / comedy don't blend. Douglas Adams is the exception, NOT the rule. But Rick wouldn't know this - he knows nothing about science fiction or comedy.

Red Dwarf is the only other sci fi comedy I can think of that worked. The show was good because of the chemistry between the characters not the space setting. The characters in Fatso's work are all tough talking Mary Sues that are indistinguishable from each other. There can be no interesting character dynamics when they are all the same.