• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Nothing Special by Norm Macdonald review

G

It was really good, even the round table thing at the end which I dreaded as being pretentious and gay. Their stories about Norm were funny. And to have "old chunk of coal" playing over the end credits almost brought a tear to my eye socket.

One thing I learned... Conan thought Norm hated him or something because he would cancel being a guest on his show, but then he found out it was due to his cancer. It made me realize... did Conan really cancel Norm's appearance? I know Jimmy Fallon's female staff members were literally crying or some shit over Norm's hateful comments that Rosanne didn't deserve to have her life ruined, and that's why he couldn't go onto Fallon's show, but maybe that wasn't the case for Conan after all.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
It was really good, even the round table thing at the end which I dreaded as being pretentious and gay. Their stories about Norm were funny. And to have "old chunk of coal" playing over the end credits almost brought a tear to my eye socket.

One thing I learned... Conan thought Norm hated him or something because he would cancel being a guest on his show, but then he found out it was due to his cancer. It made me realize... did Conan really cancel Norm's appearance? I know Jimmy Fallon's female staff members were literally crying or some shit over Norm's hateful comments that Rosanne didn't deserve to have her life ruined, and that's why he couldn't go onto Fallon's show, but maybe that wasn't the case for Conan after all.

Same thought I had in regards to Conan.

I like Conan. He's a try-hard but he is naturally funny, and I think he gets humour, he just has to play the game. I'm beginning to think he didn't cancel on him, but maybe it was the other way around.

Norm struck me as the kind of guy that might have even cancelled on his own behalf, saying "I'm not getting you in the middle of this, don't worry about it, we'll wait". He clearly loved Conan and Letterman - which I get - so I don't think there was hard feelings. And the secretive nature of his cancer would make sudden cancellations/disappearances seem like personal sleights.

I really enjoyed that special. I didn't laugh hard, but I was never bored. That's just how good Norm was. And I ended up loving the roundtable. They just spoke like friends who really loved the guy.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
Conan very clearly cancelled Norm's appearance on his show.
Norm still made appearances on other shows when he "turned down" Conan's offers so there is no way it had anything to do with his illness. If there ever was any offers, which I doubt. If there was then he turned them down because of how Conan cancelled his appearance on the show.

He also talked about how when Norm got fired from SNL, he was the only talkshow that would have Norm on. This is completely untrue as the only one that would have Norm on at the time was Letterman, there's even a Stern interview with Norm from that time where Howard keeps talking about how fake Conan is for not even having Norm on when he got fired.

The night of Conan's final show, Norm tweeted a passive aggressive tweet about it and Andy Richter and his wife had liked a bunch of tweets shitting on Norm.

There is no doubt in my mind that Conan is lying about his relationship with Norm.

G

I really enjoyed that special. I didn't laugh hard, but I was never bored. That's just how good Norm was. And I ended up loving the roundtable. They just spoke like friends who really loved the guy.
Same, but I almost quit watching 5 minutes in the roundtable when Letterman made the cornball remark "This is like listening to a good book on tape." It's also silly that they could only muster guests already involved with Netflix. We could have had better Norm stories in this sendoff.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Same, but I almost quit watching 5 minutes in the roundtable when Letterman made the cornball remark "This is like listening to a good book on tape." It's also silly that they could only muster guests already involved with Netflix. We could have had better Norm stories in this sendoff.

While I don't disagree, they were still close friends of his, or people he admired. I'm glad he got that.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Forum Clout
Norm still made appearances on other shows when he "turned down" Conan's offers so there is no way it had anything to do with his illness. If there ever was any offers, which I doubt. If there was then he turned them down because of how Conan cancelled his appearance on the show.

He also talked about how when Norm got fired from SNL, he was the only talkshow that would have Norm on. This is completely untrue as the only one that would have Norm on at the time was Letterman, there's even a Stern interview with Norm from that time where Howard keeps talking about how fake Conan is for not even having Norm on when he got fired.

The night of Conan's final show, Norm tweeted a passive aggressive tweet about it and Andy Richter and his wife had liked a bunch of tweets shitting on Norm.

There is no doubt in my mind that Conan is lying about his relationship with Norm.
remember what south park said about ginger and soul mang

G

[MEDIA=youtube]x27BJvBhi2w:20[/MEDIA]