• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

No headphones vs headphones at the gym?

G

When going to the gym, I'm always conflicted. Most of the time, I wanna talk and meet new people but I also know that people are in the zone doing their own routine and I'd rather not bother them. Yesterday, when I went to the gym, I was rotating stations -- sweat gleaming off my chest -- when I saw a cute blonde with a group of 2 other people -- a big black guy and another really fit girl. My eyes instantly locked with the blonde though, and she was looking at me for a solid few seconds. My headphones were on, however, and I gave her a sly smile. Now it's got me wondering if I should even go to the gym with headphones or not. I love listening to music when working out, but I also like interacting with other people. Had I not had my headphones on, I probably would've been more forced to say Hi and start a conversation with the blonde, but at the same time, I wouldn't be listening to my music.

What do guys think?

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Forum Clout
oh, you're that nigga

word of advice about the gym- LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE.......
This. I hated those losers that were in the sauna trying to start conversation, take your homo ass out of here.

And definitely bring your own earbuds, the Gold’s I went to played nothing but Chainsmokers and fag bands like that. Who can get a good workout listening to that ?

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
Forum Clout
trying to start conversation
I generally try to always default to being polite when it comes to unwanted social interactions. Even though I've espoused my fondness of not being annoyed, I will always be polite to people...

However I would see no reason why a person shouldn't legit yell at someone who does the "hey- take you headphones off for a second" motion, and then tell you how much they like your shirt while you're in between sets

You have every right to cut a promo on that dude

Last edited:

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
Forum Clout
Your gym doesn't play music? I've talked to 3 girls ever at my gym and I go well out of my way to not make it weird. Girls are much easier to find than a decent place to work out

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
I obviously didn't read more than a few words, but the only reason I'd go to a gym is to meet people... I'd need to feel submissive since they're gonna be bigger than me... I'd need to be in the mood for a big-guy to spot me... maybe i could talk endocrine (roids) with him... fair-enough tho', I'm sure you said something sensible

Forum Clout
"My eyes instantly locked with the blonde though, and she was looking at me for a solid few seconds."

---Oahcp_400x400.jpg