• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Mystery Science Theater 3000 infuriates me. I hate “nerd” comedy. Naht funny

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
I still can appreciate some of the episodes, but, and to no one's surprise, it's mostly the Sci Fi era, which was downright cruel at times.

Space Mutiny, Terror From the Year 5000, I Was A Teenage Werewolf, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, Prince of Space, Time Chasers and Invasion of the Neptune Men are still very watchable, and that's because of the edge they had. Mike Nelson had a man streak with his humour, would downright berate an actors whole humanity and lack of talent, and didn't hold back at all. I admired that and most of it is still pretty funny.

It's Joel's years that have aged the worst, and he's primarily why the new years have been awful, his involvement. Joel's rule was to never really make fun of the people, just the movie itself - so the jokes don't hold up. Minus a few episodes where he let loose - the two best being Manos and Mitchell - Joel threw nothing but softballs, and by proxy, his co-hosts would too.

It's still mindless disposable entertainment, but my local television station growing up would air awful cheap films all the time, so taking the piss out of them amused me.

Will Tate

Oven March
Mike Nelson had a man streak with his humour, would downright berate an actors whole humanity and lack of talent, and didn't hold back at all. I admired that and most of it is still pretty funny.
Final Justice was little more than 2 hours of new and creative ways to call Joe Don Baker fat. The bots singing to the end credits of that one was rib-crushing. I'm a Mike man same as you, I didn't find out about the show until '97, Time Chasers was my first episode, so I never even learned about Joel until a few years later. Bill Corbett taking over as Crow also added to the edge of cruel humor, I think.
Fuckin haters, I can like something that's not the Sopranos, ya know.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Final Justice was little more than 2 hours of new and creative ways to call Joe Don Baker fat. The bots singing to the end credits of that one was rib-crushing. I'm a Mike man same as you, I didn't find out about the show until '97, Time Chasers was my first episode, so I never even learned about Joel until a few years later. Bill Corbett taking over as Crow also added to the edge of cruel humor, I think.
Fuckin haters, I can like something that's not the Sopranos, ya know.

Trace was a great Crow, but I prefer Corbett, hands down. His voice just bled acidic vitriol, and his insults stuck better.

No one was a better Servo than Kevin though. "By the way, Willow sucks!"

LiberalPussy

I still can appreciate some of the episodes, but, and to no one's surprise, it's mostly the Sci Fi era, which was downright cruel at times.

Space Mutiny, Terror From the Year 5000, I Was A Teenage Werewolf, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, Prince of Space, Time Chasers and Invasion of the Neptune Men are still very watchable, and that's because of the edge they had. Mike Nelson had a man streak with his humour, would downright berate an actors whole humanity and lack of talent, and didn't hold back at all. I admired that and most of it is still pretty funny.

It's Joel's years that have aged the worst, and he's primarily why the new years have been awful, his involvement. Joel's rule was to never really make fun of the people, just the movie itself - so the jokes don't hold up. Minus a few episodes where he let loose - the two best being Manos and Mitchell - Joel threw nothing but softballs, and by proxy, his co-hosts would too.

It's still mindless disposable entertainment, but my local television station growing up would air awful cheap films all the time, so taking the piss out of them amused me.
You can feel Joel all over the Netflix version that had the wife murderer Patton Oswald on as one of the Mads. It was safe and they made a point not to go too hard on the movies because “they worked so hard”.

They also changed gypsy’s voice too to make it less “problematic”.

Will Tate

Oven March
You can feel Joel all over the Netflix version that had the wife murderer Patton Oswald on as one of the Mads. It was safe and they made a point not to go too hard on the movies because “they worked so hard”.

They also changed gypsy’s voice too to make it less “problematic”.
Not just her voice, Gypsy is now called GPC, because apparently "gypsy" is a wrongthink slur word or something.
The Netflix version was a try-hard wankfest, completely flew in the face of the shoestring budget/DIY feel of the old series and the riffs were pandering to the Reddit crowd at least half the time, but I at least got the sense they gave half enough of a shit about the source material that it wasn't on the level of Disney+ Star Wars shows as far as soulless nostalgia-bait cash-grabs go. I liked Starcrash and the Ator movie was the rest of it was immensely forgettable.

Don't be silly. MST3K is one of the few things that could occasionally be actually funny.

Mike Nelson is funny. Even his Rifftrax spinoff can garner a laugh here and there. I would agree that the Joel episodes are not worth watching, but I get the feeling the OP and everyone who commented in the negative has no idea who either of the hosts are.