• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Modern stand up comedy is worse than the 80's

Forum Clout
As maligned as the late 1980's comedy scene is by the industry and pop culture in general -- becoming the embodiment of try-hard hackiness -- I think the current landscape is worse. Today's comedy is every bit as banal, boring and over-saturated as it was 35 years ago, only now with podcasts it's also self important, pretentious and embedded with advertising dollars keeping any semblance of risk taking at bay.

The wood panelled podcast studio is the new brick wall, and given the para-social relationships of these fan bases, it's not going to correct itself anytime soon.

Joe_Cumia_Eats_HUMAN_SHIT

fuck jews
Forum Clout
Practice said something like "I got into comedy cause I was a funny kid, and then I found out that comedy isn't funny."

The closest I got to listening to podcasts was when they'd do the saturday night virus and have bill burr with derosa or patrice and shit like that. Podcasts stink.

Practice fawkin lives!!

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Forum Clout
And we gotta give credit to Henry Rollins who had the audacity to combine the worst aspects of each medium.

3ED50F79-F2CE-42E9-A545-E3D6D0FC912B.jpeg

Forum Clout
"So I went out to eat the other day, and this cis white male guy comes sauntering in."

(Boooooooooooooo)

"He sits at the counter next to me and says "excuse me, may I have a menu?". And I'm just staring at him like bitch, you have been MAKING the menus for thousands of years! You already HAVE the menu! And now you want some lesser person to bring you a list of YOUR choices?"

(Applause break)

"And this straight white male piece of shit tells the server "I don't know, what do you recommend?" And you could see she's thinking "yeah, NOW you want my opinion, when I'm in a subservient position, serving you. You want to fuck me in the ass too, bitch?"

(Uproarious applause)

"They think they can just walk right up to people and condescend them, just because they fuck women! Oooooh, big man, thrusting your disgusting penis into another birth canal, like an animal! After he ate he probably went outside and beat up a few queers and voted against initiatives to fund inner-city arts programs! Definitely a closet case, he probably LIVES at that glory hole!"

(Thunderous applause)

"Thank you, you've been a terrific audience!"

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
"So I went out to eat the other day, and this cis white male guy comes sauntering in."

(Boooooooooooooo)

"He sits at the counter next to me and says "excuse me, may I have a menu?". And I'm just staring at him like bitch, you have been MAKING the menus for thousands of years! You already HAVE the menu! And now you want some lesser person to bring you a list of YOUR choices?"

(Applause break)

"And this straight white male piece of shit tells the server "I don't know, what do you recommend?" And you could see she's thinking "yeah, NOW you want my opinion, when I'm in a subservient position, serving you. You want to fuck me in the ass too, bitch?"

(Uproarious applause)

"They think they can just walk right up to people and condescend them, just because they fuck women! Oooooh, big man, thrusting your disgusting penis into another birth canal, like an animal! After he ate he probably went outside and beat up a few queers and voted against initiatives to fund inner-city arts programs! Definitely a closet case, he probably LIVES at that glory hole!"

(Thunderous applause)

"Thank you, you've been a terrific audience!"
You probably have a Netflix special coming. Damn, that shit wasn't even satire. That's genuinely (Norton reference Dan) how shitty comedy is now. It's about applause, not laughs.