McCartney - “Mrs. Vandebilt” is his most underrated song

CarolMaxheinie

Runner, Unlike Fatrick
Seriously. You can run to it. You can fuck to it. You can just enjoy it.

“Jet” was life changing to a 12 year old closeted nerd in the country who grew up on Alabama and Garth Brooks. As an adult though, I appreciate the nuances in the rest of the album. Mrs. Vandebilt is high art, like Bowie’s “Sound and Vision”. Underrated in my opinion.

That’s it for Carol’s Old Tyme Music Corner!

Snake

Yeah, but did you ever do the elliptical to War Pigs? I thought so.

220px-Jim_Norton_in_XM_Studios_in_2005.jpg

G

Beatles are over rated. They aren’t this other worldly band head and shoulders above everyone else. They just had the right Jews behind them.

Give me a couple Nati Ice tall boys and a monkees record any day.

CarolMaxheinie

Runner, Unlike Fatrick
He looks like a thumb, but not a sexy thumb.
Can't wait to see that Peter Jackson Beatles documentary in November. He gave a bunch of unused material from the original Let It Be documentary the "They Shall Not Grow Old" treatment and it looks so fucking great.

I can’t fucking wait for this. I plan to see it multiple times in the theater. I’ll go by myself the first time because I’ll melt during this movie…

Mitch Weaver

Replenish fish van
The new McCartney Hulu documentary is good too. It’s a puff piece about how great and innovative the Beatles and especially Paul were but if you’re a fan it’s cool to hear the multi tracks isolated.

CarolMaxheinie

Runner, Unlike Fatrick
The new McCartney Hulu documentary is good too. It’s a puff piece about how great and innovative the Beatles and especially Paul were but if you’re a fan it’s cool to hear the multi tracks isolated.
Yeah with human hairball Rick Rubin. I thought it was nice in parts. I’m a fanboy so it’s catnip for me…I thought it was nice but with Rick Rubin there I wanted them to deconstruct the songs a bit more. I could have used more George Martin talk. But these are all quibbles…overall I enjoyed it.

CarolMaxheinie

Runner, Unlike Fatrick

My dream documentary is just hours of Paul and George Martin’s son going track by track, isolating and discussing the choices that went into each layer. Steely Dan did something similar in the link above with “Peg”.

I’m an engineer…show me how it’s built and I’ll appreciate it more.

Raymond

You will never see my penis
Hot take, I've never thought the Beatles... I never could give a shit about any of them, except for Harrison. I can hear that they were a good and innovative band. But their stuff does pretty much nothing for me. Even though I enjoy Bowie and the Beach Boys a lot - who probably loved the Beatles' music. Seems like a defect to feel kind of bored by them.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Beatles are over rated. They aren’t this other worldly band head and shoulders above everyone else. They just had the right Jews behind them.

Give me a couple Nati Ice tall boys and a monkees record any day.
I'm wit you on that. Fuckin Beatles are so god damn overrated.