• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Literary criticism made me realize something huuuge.

G

Books are fucking retarded.

Whenever I see some fucking faggot telling people to "stop watching TV and read a book" I get rationally angry. Books are just as bad as any other media. Unless you're talking about the fawkin' classics from the old russian era.

This was just posted in another thread:

firstbook4thbook.PNG

Why the fuck would I want to read a book written by "Mel Reynard"? I know nothing about her besides the fact she wrote that faggot tweet with the retarded emoji eyes and #WritingCommunity hashtag. That immediately tells me she has nothing worth reading. And same for the 203 people who replied.

Writers are faggots. Books are stupid. I like rape.

RickReternal

I hope people Ouija you tweets after your dead
Forum Clout
Science fiction is awful. I tried reading some of the “acclaimed” books by famous authors. Even if the stories were cool The dialogue was Pat tier and showed that the author obviously never interacted with normal humans.
Most genre fiction is horrendous. I was a big fantasy reader until I was 11 and read some actual good fiction and realized what SHIT 99% of fantasy was. Science fiction is at least as bad. Thrillers are horrendous as well, writing-wise.

I will take up, slightly, for mystery. There are some good mystery writers who do interesting things. Still, it’s hampered by the formula and audience expectations for the most part.

FrogmanKurlan

Kill a commie for mommy, awright
Forum Clout
I don't read fiction of any type, might as well take hormones and transition to another gender.

Imagine coming across things like 14y/o blonde-haired, blue-eyed, nude "alien" children that age faster than humans, Space BurgerKing and transgender headcrabs.
Yeah fiction is for faggots. Just finished The Endurance and it was fawkin PFG. The scumbag pack ice really motherfucked that ship.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
Getting published used to be an accomplishment, not unlike a band getting signed to a record label. It meant that you had more than likely paid your dues, and your work stood out due to it's exceedingly high quality and the author's work ethic. Getting published was enough to get people to think, "Oh wow, I should check that out - it MUST be good. They won't publish just anything!".

Fast forward to present day, where the color of your skin or who you fuck is more likely going to get you published than anything else. Most writers are like Pat - not creative, untalented, and not readers themselves. They can't imagine a universe that somehow doesn't reflect our own, and can't imagine protagonists who aren't simply avatars for the author. Most authors are content to publish first drafts ( it's a hate crime to edit them ), flaws and all, and they spend far more time and energy cultivating and crafting their tweets than they do their published work.

Modern day genre fiction in particular is the drizzling shits. Stick to the dead authors.

G

I don't read fiction of any type, might as well take hormones and transition to another gender.

Imagine coming across things like 14y/o blonde-haired, blue-eyed, nude "alien" children that age faster than humans, Space BurgerKing and transgender headcrabs.
I'm the same way. I only read history. I know I'm missing out on the classics, but I rather watch made up bullshit in a 2 hour movie than invest the time it takes to read made up bullshit in a book.

:image_4159:👆

TomFromNawlins

Forum Clout
The “I don’t read fiction” types are the ones who like to expound on the Romans or the Nazis or aviation because they half-read a few books and now have a History or Science Channel level of understanding. Kind of like Nana, who got all his info from Popular Mechanics.

“ I can’t waste my time on something made up. “

Your time’s not that valuable anyway, and you’ll still waste it. Have some imagination, insufferable twats.

AliceWorquer

Fat bitch with faggot tits
Forum Clout
I stopped taking chances on new books because the signal to noise ratio is so terrible. I still think a good book is better than a good movie but there are just too fucking many of them. For every enjoyable author, there are a thousand Patricks and Oogas and JDAs and even more mediocre nobodies gumming up the works.
I do collect dictionaries though because I'm an autistic faggot.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout
Science fiction is awful. I tried reading some of the “acclaimed” books by famous authors. Even if the stories were cool The dialogue was Pat tier and showed that the author obviously never interacted with normal humans.
I love Dune and read it every few years, I have the audiobook. So no paper
Also I hate that movies are looked down upon whereas books are heralded. To me it's like someone describing you something cool as opposed to seeing it. Which one would you rather do?

Faggot Boqposter

The Alawite Assassin
Forum Clout
I love Dune and read it every few years, I have the audiobook. So no paper
Also I hate that movies are looked down upon whereas books are heralded. To me it's like someone describing you something cool as opposed to seeing it. Which one would you rather do?
Dune is different and it’s fantastic. Asimov is really good too. But so many of the books that get great reviews now have pat tier dialogue. Even ones with very cool stories like the expanse have AWFUL dialogue. I thought the show was just a shitty adaptation but they captured the awful dialogue of the books perfectly

G

All in wit da Dougie clickbait thread titles. You're absolutely right though. People act like consuming something in a book format makes you intelligent. Meanwhile, most of the shit that gets published is boring, overwrought nonsense that could've been summarized in a paragraph or two. Time wasting faggots.

RickReternal

I hope people Ouija you tweets after your dead
Forum Clout
Dune is different and it’s fantastic. Asimov is really good too. But so many of the books that get great reviews now have pat tier dialogue. Even ones with very cool stories like the expanse have AWFUL dialogue. I thought the show was just a shitty adaptation but they captured the awful dialogue of the books perfectly
Lol The Expanse. God those books sucked. Read every one.