• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Kevin Smith is finally being turned on by his fanbase and geeks

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
So I've never seen Masters of the Universe or anything He Man related, but from my understanding is he really mother fucked the fans and killed He Man off in the first episode and it's all about some chick now. He bascially just hijacked the series to use it as another female empowerment shitfest because that seems to be all he's done since he had a daughter.

He did a Q&A about the series on his YouTube channel. 2.1k likes vs 7.1k dislikes.

Apparently he then did a livestream where he got called out and had a huge meltdown.

Maybe this will be finally be the nail in the coffin for his career. Might as well just scrap Clerks 3 while he can.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I wasn’t a fan of He-Man growing up but I thought it was a joke that he killed off He-Man so a woman could take over since everything has to be YAAS QUEEN SLAY! In entertainment. It’s disturbing how much the media is against men being “men” to the point the phrase “be a man” is offensive. I bet Netflix wanted He-Man to be removed in some way because a big strong muscle man isn’t allowed to be a hero even in a cartoon in 2021.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Kevin Smith is about as genuine as leather in an old Vauxhall Astra. I hope this ends his bullshit; he had a chance to grow from Dogma, but all he proved is he's stunted creatively. He's crushing himself against the ceiling.

I don't know much about He-Man, but I can tell the bait and switch is beyond forced. It'll bite them in the ass long term, people see through that.

Fuck, I miss Humphrey Bogart and John Huston.

LiberalPussy

Forum Clout
I’ll cop to being a long time He-Man loving faggot. The movie was the first thing I ever saw in a movie theater. Basically, I go deep with the Masters of the Universe. sniff

But this show made Teela a selfish unlikeable cunt, which I guess makes her a realistic woman in current year.

Imagine being so self centered that you make a moment with grieving parents about yourself.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
It's not just because he mishandled the property, but it's also because he blatantly lied. When this new MotU cartoon was announced, Smith proclaimed to be a "big fan" ofvHe-aman, who would rush home after school in 1981 to watch it.

A couple of problems with that scenario - 1) the original Filmation He-Man cartoon didn't begin airing until 1983
2)a tweet of his surfaced from 2013, where he proclaimed to "not be a fan" of He-Man, along with a clip from Comic Book Men, where he said that he "had no love" for He-Man.

Then a YouTuber tweeted out that someone working on Smith's show leaked that He-Man would be stepping aside for Teela in the new show, and that she was now a lesbian. Of course, Smith "no, child"-ed them about this.

Then the show hits. He-Man is killed in episode 1, Teela - now de-feminized and very masculine looking, and makes a remark about preferring women - leads the resistance. They go to the afterlife to get Adam (He-Man's alter ego) and bring him back. Teela is angry the entire time, and at one point they are chasing someone. Teela outrun Adam, who falls face first into the mud. At the last episode, Adam is killed again in the last episode.

So there you go. Smith is a sellout shill, it's another emasculation of an iconic male character, and yet another female character is robbed of her femininity in order to placate the trannies, who don't like being reminded of what they will never have, never look like, and never be. And all criticism is dismissed as "review bombing".

Snake

Forum Clout
Don't forget lusting after his own daughter.
maxresdefault.jpg