• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Jinn (djinn) sighting, Syria

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
The hilarious thing about djinn-lore is once you release one from whatever vessel he was confined in (via magic) Djinn becomes your unconditional slave.
Isn't there a monkey's paw aspect to it, like the djinn will give you your wishes, but "letter of the law, not the spirit", and a djinn is surely savvier than even the cagiest mortal, right? That wasn't phrased well, but you got what I meant.
I somehow missed the end of your post. Nice reading comprehension, stupid.

G

Isn't there a monkey's paw aspect to it, like the djinn will give you your wishes, but "letter of the law, not the spirit", and a djinn is surely savvier than even the cagiest mortal, right? That wasn't phrased well, but you got what I meant.
It depends on the Jinn-whisperer.

Lore goes like this:
Solomon (King of the jinn, they unconditionally obeyed all his demands and built the original temple). Solomon was granted power over the Jinn by Allah. They obeyed his commands to the letter and feared him.

-Everyone else, using witchcraft (haram) so hell bound.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
It depends on the Jinn-whisperer.

Lore goes like this:
Solomon (King of the jinn, they unconditionally obeyed all his demands and built the original temple). Solomon was granted power over the Jinn by Allah

-everyone else, using witchcraft (haram) so hell bound.
Gotcha. Setting aside the heresy, if you don't happen to be Solomon the djinn has no intrinsic loyalty to or aegis over you. Lots of good fiction potential there, a Djinn telling stories of fucking over people like an acid-tongued Arab take on Anne Rice. Interview with the Djinn, The Djinn Habibullah, Ebenezer the Devil.