• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

It’s Thursday, pig decides it’s time to work

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
At something that pays $ 0.00. Come up with an interesting story and stop it with word count. Pat is such an autistic mess he believes more words = better book. It explains why he’s such a shit writer, he shoves too many unneeded words into his work making it clunky and boring. Plus he’s fat
D9C13901-0ED7-46FF-8FBE-513FE2161487.jpeg

G

I remember reading an article on James Ellroy, arguably America's greatest living crime novelist. He was caddying for tax-free cash during the day and writing in the evenings and late into the nights and eventually finished his first book - Brown's Requiem.

He shopped it around and found a publisher who was happy to take it on but had one complaint. "It's too damn long. I can't sell a 500 page detective novel. You've got to cut out some of the sub-plots or something." Ellroy, with the confidence of a far more experienced writer, decided that the book was great as it was in terms of structure and so didn't change a thing about the plot. Instead he removed every word that he felt was unnecessary for driving the story ahead; adjectives, conjunctions, adverbs. As a result he inadvertently came up with the punchy, brutal staccato style he's become well known for.

I guess my point is that great writers don't think about word counts or daily targets, they just write. Either they're "blocked" or the prose pours out of them like they're possessed. Oh, and Pat is Fat.

Sputnik

Females arent funny
Forum Clout
I actually am only working two days a week right now between projects. helping a friend park cars at an event for cash plus tips. its nice to get out and interact with people and make a little walking around money. Its been lovely being home and able to walk my dogs and cook dinner for my wife. I guess what I am saying is my life isnt a miserable existence larping as a writer on twitter and Pat is by all medical standards fat.

G

I remember reading an article on James Ellroy, arguably America's greatest living crime novelist. He was caddying for tax-free cash during the day and writing in the evenings and late into the nights and eventually finished his first book - Brown's Requiem.

He shopped it around and found a publisher who was happy to take it on but had one complaint. "It's too damn long. I can't sell a 500 page detective novel. You've got to cut out some of the sub-plots or something." Ellroy, with the confidence of a far more experienced writer, decided that the book was great as it was in terms of structure and so didn't change a thing about the plot. Instead he removed every word that he felt was unnecessary for driving the story ahead; adjectives, conjunctions, adverbs. As a result he inadvertently came up with the punchy, brutal staccato style he's become well known for.

I guess my point is that great writers don't think about word counts or daily targets, they just write. Either they're "blocked" or the prose pours out of them like they're possessed. Oh, and Pat is Fat.
What a great story. Pat's fat.

G

At something that pays $ 0.00. Come up with an interesting story and stop it with word count. Pat is such an autistic mess he believes more words = better book. It explains why he’s such a shit writer, he shoves too many unneeded words into his work making it clunky and boring. Plus he’s fat
View attachment 21655
Him being overweight is the first I’ve heard of this. He’s also fat.

G

Only 16 people are excited.

Patty, can't you find some left wing rag who will pay you for your rants? Your fans don't care about spaceships. I think you'd be happier doing that
You really think he's a liberal/leftist? I swear to you, real liberals with purpose, would sniff him out. He's not even a real nerd. He is literally just a misfit who thinks he is smart so he should 'enjoy' nerdy things. All you need to look at is his 'nerd interests'...they are so cookie cutter generic sci-fi channel shit. Basically he watched Matrix and Star Wars a few times in his teens, and he is now a 'geek'.

As for political ideology...His consciousness isnt advanced enough to be aware of political ideals, etc.

Will Tate

Oven March
Forum Clout
I'm no writer but wouldn't setting a daily word limit be pigholing yourself and make your writing shit?
Not normally, because a real writer would go back over the first draft later and make revisions that would improve the story. If you were a fat, daughter-abandoning pedophile defender who was LARPing as a writer, you'd just shit out a manuscript and declare it a masterpiece on the 5-star review you leave yourself on GoodReads.