• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Is it just me or does this movie look like absolute fucking dog shit?

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
The plot sounds like it's just The Wrestler but with a fat guy instead of a wrestler.

The uproar about putting Brendan Fraser in a fat suit instead of hiring a morbidly obese actor is retarded. Why was Charlize Theron cast in Monster? Why couldn't they hire an actual ugly meth whore? Why was Tom Cruise cast in Born On The Fourth of July instead of one of the many paralyzed leading male actors? Why was Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump and not an actual retard? Because A) they're famous B) they're good actors and C) accommodating a fat fuck, a methwhore, a retard or a cripple and trying to make a movie would be a huge stressful pain in the ass. I've recently watched a few episodes of My 600 Pound Life and every single one of those people are selfish, unreliable, dependant, disgusting burdens. You'd definitely want a big, expensive production depending on them, right Jim?

The only example I can even think of that ever happening was Mama Grape. She was just some unknown obese woman. She was great in the movie but she didn't really have to act. Her life was actually just sitting on her ass and being sad and ashamed about it. I also bet it was annoying as fuck trying to get her to and from the production and having to feed her mass amounts of fast food every time she had to take more than five steps.

Last edited:
G

The plot sounds like it's just The Wrestler but with a fat guy instead of a wrestler.

The uproar about putting Brendan Fraser in a fat suit instead of hiring a morbidly obese actor is retarded. Why was Charlize Theron cast in Monster? Why couldn't they hire an actual ugly meth whore? Why was Tom Cruise cast in Born On The Fourth of July instead of one of the many paralyzed leading male actors? Why was Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump and not an actual retard? Because A) they're famous B) they're good actors and C) accommodating a fat fuck, a methwhore, a retard or a cripple and trying to make a movie would be a huge stressful pain in the ass. I've recently watched a few episodes of My 600 Pound Life and every single one of those people are selfish, unreliable, dependant, disgusting burdens. You'd definitely want a big, expensive production depending on them, right Jim?

The only example I can even think of that ever happening was Mama Grape. She was just some unknown obese woman. She was great in the movie but she didn't really have to act. Her life was actually just sitting on her ass and being sad and ashamed about it. I also bet it was annoying as fuck trying to get her to and from the production and having to feed her mass amounts of fast food every time she had to take more than five steps.
I imagine getting a real person the size of this character insured to work on the movie would be a nightmare.

G

i thought this shit was out like 6 months ago, didnt this guy already rise again because of this movie?
That was when it was getting jerked off left and right on the film festival circuit. Now it's a wide release. As gay as it looks, I will agree with @Minaw that the hysterics about the fat faggotry is funny. I keep seeing the movie referred to as "exploitative" which makes me wonder if they're at all familiar with Aronofsky. He's not known for subtlety.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Forum Clout
That was when it was getting jerked off left and right on the film festival circuit. Now it's a wide release. As gay as it looks, I will agree with @Minaw that the hysterics about the fat faggotry is funny. I keep seeing the movie referred to as "exploitative" which makes me wonder if they're at all familiar with Aronofsky. He's not known for subtlety.
i totally forgot there are film festivals lol. whenever something is recommended by something called Cannon Festival its guarantee boring shit