• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding... if Pat suffers from hypertension, why doesn't he cut down on drinking and eat healthier?

midwit

Forum Clout
I wouldn't.

Given the totality of his circumstances, well...I think it's legally questionable to spell out exactly what I would do. But longevity would not be my priority.

I would be seeking dopamine wherever I could find it. If that means alcohol bc alcohol is what I'm used to, so be it.

And I would make no effort to change my ways unless I was at immediate risk of intense physical pain. Something like a heart attack scaring me would be laughable.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
I had a wedding this past weekend of one of my best friends from Uni. Ceremony on Saturday but started boozing Friday morning. By yesterday, I was absolutely feeling like dogshit due to the sustained alcohol consumption over just 3 days.

How Patrick manages to keep that going without even thinking “huh, I should take a month or two off and go for a walk outside” is absolutely baffling to me.

Edit: I am 10 years younger than the hog, I should say.

Treat Yourself

Forum Clout
How Patrick manages to keep that going without even thinking “huh, I should take a month or two off and go for a walk outside” is absolutely baffling to me.
Rick stopping now would be like Lady Di stopping during her internship. Dry heaving, shitting his pants (more than normal), profuse sweating (more than normal), being fat, and having no daughter.

midwit

Forum Clout
I had a wedding this past weekend of one of my best friends from Uni. Ceremony on Saturday but started boozing Friday morning. By yesterday, I was absolutely feeling like dogshit due to the sustained alcohol consumption over just 3 days.

Do you really think alcoholics keep drinking because it never occurs to them that stopping might be a good idea?

Lest I defend Fatrick but ffs, man.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Do you really think alcoholics keep drinking because it never occurs to them that stopping might be a good idea?

Lest I defend Fatrick but ffs, man.
I think it’s a mix of things for Pat - his life is in shambles due to his behavior. His writing career is over, he looks like complete shit (no more selfies) and he is pretty much unable to get any kind of decent job and has to leech of women. He has to keep drinking to block out all the awful reality that is his life. He couldn’t even do that interview without doing it at a bar in the day time because he thought it would look bad if he was drinking at home on a weekday. He also has nowhere to be so it’s not like he has anything else to do other than drink. I’m a heavy drinker but I also have a job so I know when I can drink and when I can’t due to my responsibilities. Pat doesn’t have that - nothing but time and has to drink because his reality is a nightmare.

Just from his twitter behavior it’s clear his life is a constant drunk cycle. Wake up - get drunk - pass out - repeat.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
thaT diD noT occuR

I don’t think Pat is some Townes Van Zant level drunkard who literally would keel over if he stopped drinking. I think he’s a weak-willed and immature (and fat) person who associates drinking with being a tough guy / manly man.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I think it’s a mix of things for Pat - his life is in shambles due to his behavior. His writing career is over, he looks like complete shit (no more selfies) and he is pretty much unable to get any kind of decent job and has to leech of women. He has to keep drinking to block out all the awful reality that is his life. He couldn’t even do that interview without doing it at a bar in the day time because he thought it would look bad if he was drinking at home on a weekday. He also has nowhere to be so it’s not like he has anything else to do other than drink. I’m a heavy drinker but I also have a job so I know when I can drink and when I can’t due to my responsibilities. Pat doesn’t have that - nothing but time and has to drink because his reality is a nightmare.

Just from his twitter behavior it’s clear his life is a constant drunk cycle. Wake up - get drunk - pass out - repeat.

This is a weird aside, but I've begun to wonder what early 20th century Pat would be like.

No Twitter. No social media at all. No Star Wars to obsess over. Would he still be a cunt? Would he blame Herbert Hoover for The Great Depression by screaming about it from his slum building rooftop? Would he be an ally for Woman's Suffrage in a transparent attempt to score pussy? Would his book writing attempts be no better than a Tijuana Bible?

All I know is he'd still be fat.

1bfc711a893a31a291c6f245637d1aff.jpg

Stent

ProHo
Forum Clout
I wonder what early 20th century scottish singers would be like. Drunk and unemployed belligerents most likely.

But back on topic, Pat used to maintain that his blood pressure problem was some kind of super power. I forget exactly how he misspelled "furious", but it was something like The World's Most Furrios Man. His entire life is a silly embarrassing drunken larp. (Pat too! Ha ha! Love ya, miss ya, Ray!)

:ray_gif:

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout

Edit: I am 10 years younger than the hog, I should say.

Once you get to around 35, the hangovers from multiple days of drinking are fucking brutal and just not worth it. You're just asking to end up like Patrick (imminent heart attack) or nana ("a quadruple bypass is total normal for a guy my age! Everything is fine!") if you keep that shit up beyond 40.