• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

If you didn’t know Pig who would you guess he was talking about?

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
04bc4e0dd144477519722a6ae10d0389.jpeg

Something contemporary? Radiohead? Grizzly Bear? Frank Ocean?

Something classic? Pink Floyd? The Beatles? Miles Davis?

No, childs, the answer, quite obviously, is Foo Fighters. That’s right; the most bland, derivative, safe and commercially viable rock band left on the planet are absolutely eviscerating the status quo with their bar band level rock songs the way Pat is eviscerating the first amendment with his dogshit subpoena.

Now you know.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
Foo Fighters are basic bitch entertainment; the musical equivalent of a Marvel movie. Safe, PC, formulaic, and absolutely bereft of anything intellectually challenging. It stands to reason that Pat would like them - no doubt he cheered and clapped at all the right songs.

They are the sonic equivalent of a Starbucks drink - corporate, bland and almost entirely for white women.

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
I admit I like some Foo Fighters music. Where we at with the Everlong?
I’m happy to admit I like their first three albums a fair bit and I think Rope is also a really good song. Everlong is a legitimately great rock song.

Doesn’t change the fact that they’re the last band on earth innovating or challenging anything. Only someone who doesn’t know anything about music over the last twenty years could claim such a thing. If I made a list of the best 100 albums since 2000 Foo Fighters wouldn’t even scrape the back end.

TheDarkFezRises

Asians with southern accents
Forum Clout
What does "music that becomes instantly canon" mean? I don't know anything about music, but I do know Fatrick is retarded and most likely using this word wrongly.

Forum Clout
What does "music that becomes instantly canon" mean? I don't know anything about music, but I do know Fatrick is retarded and most likely using this word wrongly.

Hundred percent. He's a retard and totally using this wrong.

So "canon" applies mostly to TV shows/movies where there are fan theories. Take, Friends, everyone knows Friends, now imagine when Rachel is dating Ross, all the Friends fans who want Rachel to date Joey. Rachel/Joey is non-canon, but eventually Rachel and Joey have a brief fling and thus become canon. Essentially saying, it happened on the actual TV show, it's now officially a part of the official history of the show. While Ross/Phoebe is forever a non-canon romance.

Now, this doesn't apply to music because releasing a new album instantly makes every song "canon". It doesn't matter if the song is good or bad, the least favorite song of your favorite artist is still technically "canon".

G

So "canon" applies mostly to TV shows/movies where there are fan theories. Take, Friends, everyone knows Friends, now imagine when Rachel is dating Ross, all the Friends fans who want Rachel to date Joey. Rachel/Joey is non-canon, but eventually Rachel and Joey have a brief fling and thus become canon. Essentially saying, it happened on the actual TV show, it's now officially a part of the official history of the show. While Ross/Phoebe is forever a non-canon romance.

Now, this doesn't apply to music because releasing a new album instantly makes every song "canon". It doesn't matter if the song is good or bad, the least favorite song of your favorite artist is still technically "canon".
Sadly, the virtually unlistenable "St. Anger" album is part of Metallica "canon."

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDarkFezRises

Asians with southern accents
Forum Clout

Yeah, I was aware of it in regards to stories. He probably uses it wrong when talking about his capeshit stories too.

Coonskin

Don't thank the felon, Keith
Forum Clout
Canon my ass. Ask any person on the street what their favorite Foo Fighters songs are, and it'll be the slowest answer in the world.

Patrick is the stereotypical Dave Ghrol ballwasher aka fat faggot deluxe

TomFromNawlins

Forum Clout

Canon is used when referencing the arts. The Western Canon includes all the classic literature, art, music, and philosophy created by mostly dead white males. Starship Repo won't be added to the Canon next to Shakespeare, and Dave Grohl is no Bach.

You could use the term to refer to popular music I guess. Even then you're not including Foo Fighters.

Gay Faggot.

When the frying pan hits just right.
Forum Clout
Dave grohl was in fucking Nirvana. Not a big fan but at the very least they were different when they came out. Fat hasn’t mentioned them once. Foo fighters have always been commercialized garbage. Not in 1 single fucking instance have they taken a risk with their sound. Any, literally ANY artist who has become a major influence in music has taken a major risk with a new sound. Following the Beatles and their hippy sound. I seriously don’t know why I’m always surprised in how tasteless and retarded he is.

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
Dave grohl was in fucking Nirvana. Not a big fan but at the very least they were different when they came out. Fat hasn’t mentioned them once. Foo fighters have always been commercialized garbage. Not in 1 single fucking instance have they taken a risk with their sound. Any, literally ANY artist who has become a major influence in music has taken a major risk with a new sound. Following the Beatles and their hippy sound. I seriously don’t know why I’m always surprised in how tasteless and retarded he is.
Foo Fighters is, at best, the third best band Grohl has been in and he says the same himself.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
He did updates throughout the concerts like some internet addict that cant just appreciate the moment just for like 3 people that responded and like 13 likes.

How can you spend all day everyday bitching about vaccines ,masks ,and the threat of the delta variant then show photos of hanging out shoulder to shoulder maskless at a foo fighters concert? Regardless of if you already got the shot. If you truly believed and are worried about the Delta spread then practice what you preach or you could just not post your every move on the internet for people to judge. Then you could be a hypocrite without leaving receipts .

G

Others have pointed out his fucked up use of 'canon' but wouldn't it sound and read better if you wrote it as "music that instantly becomes canon" instead of "music that becomes instantly canon." He's terrible at this.

Edit: also, he should stick his head in a cannon