• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

"I hate Kevin Smith, but Clerks was good"

Forum Clout
Yeah, Clerks was huh-larious. Kevin Smith has always been cringe.

Look at all the shitty extras who keep smiling during the shot. Shouldn't you cut that out?

Don't get me started on the line delivery in all the dialogue between Dante and Randal. I don't know if Smith wanted them to seem fast and quippy, but it's so obvious they're just blurting out rehearsed lines as quickly as possible and then waiting for their turn to pick up again.

I will say Jay was pretty funny, but I think most of his stuff was improvised by himself.

Last edited:

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
Smith was great pre-weed. He's literally like a different person now. He used to talk shit about everyone in Hollywood and their latest dumb blockbusters and now he fawns over all of it and does the whole "if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all" shit.
He was also an incredibly gifted storyteller before the weed. I'm not talking about his movies but his live events and his podcast.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
Smith was great pre-weed. He's literally like a different person now. He used to talk shit about everyone in Hollywood and their latest dumb blockbusters and now he fawns over all of it and does the whole "if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all" shit.
He was also an incredibly gifted storyteller before the weed. I'm not talking about his movies but his live events and his podcast.

I think his heart attack did more to make him a faggot than weed.

G

I think his heart attack did more to make him a faggot than weed.
Probably didn't help but weed is a faggot drug, at least the modern, hydroponic, high THC version is. Combine that with the fact that he started smoking it 15-20 years after you should stop, when his natural testosterone levels were plummeting due to being fat and middle-aged and it's really a wonder he hasn't killed himself during an emotional meltdown

Forum Clout
Clerks was good because he did it in a time when it wasn't the standard type of humor. Even if it was clear they were doing a vaudeville-tier back and forth quip duel, it wasn't the 900th time you watched it, so it was fresh. Even when that shit came more into style, he tweaked it enough in Clerks 2 where the movie was good.

However Dogma is the best Kevin Smith movie.