• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

How is America's Funniest Home Videos still on?

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Jesus Christ. I was just over someone's house and they were watching it.

The "audience" is there via Zoom, so the laughter is horribly added in so it's sounds like they're in studio. Not one video was funny, just the run of the mill unauthentic "funny moments"

Carlton from The Fresh Prince is the host and is as funny as anal leakage.

I almost asked the person to shut the fucking TV off, IN HIS OWN HOUSE because it was driving me insane.

Hope you're all doing well.

God Bless

Forum Clout
It only used to work because half the funny was the fact that the moment happened to be caught on tape, which was a novelty.
Now everything is recorded, and there are tons of youtube compilations way funnier

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Forum Clout
a42d338a69989db286e0dfff1d44433fa9fa08411e1f6a1bd3fdb23290b27417.jpg

Gay Faggot.

When the frying pan hits just right.
Forum Clout
TV programming makes absolutely no sense.

How is Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune still a thing? No way does their ratings merit their existence.
This has been explained to you specifically. This is background programming. People, particularly in the Midwest, just keep it on in the background. I’d guess maybe 15% of their viewers are actually watching. The rest is just background noise. I listen to music when I sleep usually. It’s no different for people doing mundane activities, working, or sleeping like myself. It has ratings and is low budget so it works to sell advertisements. That simple.

Not bad

Forum Clout
This has been explained to you specifically. This is background programming. People, particularly in the Midwest, just keep it on in the background. I’d guess maybe 15% of their viewers are actually watching. The rest is just background noise. I listen to music when I sleep usually. It’s no different for people doing mundane activities, working, or sleeping like myself. It has ratings and is low budget so it works to sell advertisements. That simple.

Pretty much. It's the same reason Jim and Sam still have a show. It's wallpaper and no one really cares about the content.

Forum Clout
A couple reason, one pointed out is that it is background programming that networks need. I’m also gonna to assume that the target audience is families with kids that are not yet teens. So they get a new target audience cycled through ever few years that are receptive to the show.

I’m sure the show is also extremely cheap to produce, you have people sending you in content. Lastly, America is still filled with lots of people who want even a tiny bit of fame, they view the show as a way to get famous.

G

Idk I think there's something deeper and more nefarious. It's not about ratings or money...they could put thousands of more interesting 'background playing' shows in that time slot...but 30-40-50 years these same shows exist? I am skeptical of the purpose they serve. Probably some NLP shit. Subliminal messages etc.

These kikes put Maury and Springer on tv to make trashy couples seem the norm...you think anything they do is for good?