He literally plays the same 4 shows

I can't imagine Joe actually creates any revenue. Like, who sees him on an ad and bases their night-out decision on that? He's more like a nuisance people discover after the fact.
I knew a guy (he's dead now) who used to do vocals for a whole slew of local metal cover bands. Priest, Sabbath, Dio, Maiden, that kind of shit. They played shitty clubs, the Elks lodge, biker picnics and the like. He wasn't a good singer, exactly, but he was passable. He also had himself a grubby little posse of "musicians", friends, and hangers-on who came to all his shows, got drunk, helped move equipment and etc.

The point being that after forty years in his local music "scene", the obese buffoon has no one. No fans, no friends, no bands to jam with, nothing. He sits there all by himself, playing the same tiresome "classics" he learned forty-plus years ago, for an audience of disinterested and most likely annoyed patrons, who just wanted something to eat or drink and unwittingly found themselves as a captive audience. It's almost hard to believe how pitiful it is, but then again, it's Joe. There's no fucking way he makes any money doing this, who's he drawing with his gigs?

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
I play at different restaurants and bars most nights. Just finished a gig at a steakhouse less than an hour ago. I usually make between $200-$400 a night in untaxed cash, it really depends. One seafood restaurant I play at a couple Sunday evenings a month pays $500. Some also feed you and give you free drinks, some don’t. It’s easy and I love doing it and supplementing my income that way. I even get laid sometimes.

That said, playing at TGI Friday’s is fucking weird. I’ve never gigged at a dumb corporate chain like that.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
1667892231563.png