Have you ever known someone that got catfished?

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
I have a roommate right now thats mentally ill and schizophrenic (and also very very stupid).
He sent $15,000 to a girl that he never met and wasnt real. I know because I work with the police on base and they told me the details. It just blows my fucking mind that such a thing could ever happen.
I read the messages. It was brutal. He truly believed he was in a relationship with this person. 15 fucking thousand dollars man. Fuck.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
I have a roommate right now thats mentally ill and schizophrenic (and also very very stupid).
He sent $15,000 to a girl that he never met and wasnt real. I know because I work with the police on base and they told me the details. It just blows my fucking mind that such a thing could ever happen.
I read the messages. It was brutal. He truly believed he was in a relationship with this person. 15 fucking thousand dollars man. Fuck.
Is this the roommate who was going to be coming into some money b/c of an injury while on duty or something?

cardwell

Adam Eget sent a cock pic to this girl

0VjeMpz.jpg

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
You an MP or NCIS? Someone was heavily catfishing guys in DEVGRU last year and one of the guys from that unit was sent to the brig as the one doing the catfishing. Catfishing military members is hugely popular. Especially now that the entire military allows people to keep social media including special forces units which is hilariously retarded. There are guys in special forces all over dating sites like idiots giving out personal and even military information. I know of someone who was one week from getting his Trident and was thrown from the Navy for telling people on social media he was a Seal already.

I think someone told me that active duty service members lose over $25million annually to catfishing or online scams alone.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
You an MP or NCIS? Someone was heavily catfishing guys in DEVGRU last year and one of the guys from that unit was sent to the brig as the one doing the catfishing. Catfishing military members is hugely popular. Especially now that the entire military allows people to keep social media including special forces units which is hilariously retarded. There are guys in special forces all over dating sites like idiots giving out personal and even military information. I know of someone who was one week from getting his Trident and was thrown from the Navy for telling people on social media he was a Seal already.

I think someone told me that active duty service members lose over $25million annually to catfishing or online scams alone.
Yeah, I only know the details because I work with the guys that worked on his case. Its no wonder that military are targeted for this stuff. They’re generally low iq weirdos. And on top of that, the shitty quality of life and living conditions can make a man awfully vulnerable. My first couple years, I was severely depressed and lonely, had a girlfriend cheat on me. A definite low point in my life. But, even considering all that, there would still be no excuse for me to send money to a person I never met. If that happens to you, theres no way you’re playing with a full deck.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Dumb fucks like that are always going to lose their money to someone. If it's not a scam it's an incredibly shitty car finance deal or whatever. Guarantee this idiot has the same shit happen to him again.
And you know what? He fucking deserves it. He stole money from his own family to finance this make believe woman. And he even begged ME for money (to which I responded with a resounding no). He had utter disregard for anyone but himself and is a menace to society

DeadWithoutMyDavid

xe/xim/xey

Was it some Manti Teo situation where he's really a functional retard and an acquaintance is exploiting him? Or just another Nigerian?