• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Has anyone watched The Last of Us?

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
Forum Clout
I've played the first game and thought it was amazing but I have been withholding myself from watching the show, even though it has a 9.3 rating on IMDb with 93K votes, because how weird the actress looks who plays Ellie. Has any of you guys seen it yet? And if so, what do you think?

It’s honestly not bad, but the critics are giving too much praise. These first two episodes are a lot like the first hour or so of the original game but with even more world building. The fungus creatures look great and behave like in the game. The show is a solid 7.5-8.0 so far.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
I'd say it's been good so far. There's enough differences to make it enjoyable even if you know the story from the game already.

It needs to keep improving to live up the hype though. People have been going way overboard praising it so far when the story has barely even got going.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
The characters left like 50 grenades on the ground when they could have taken them for future use. Also the zombies are plants. Just get flamethrowers and you can clean up the cities in a week and retake them. And these zombie plants hate sunlight? Where are they getting their nutrition from exactly then?

Entire thing sucks. Like most zombie stories it falls apart the moment you use common sense. Only 28 Days Later has a logical zombie outbreak because they are infected with a military created rabies virus.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
And these zombie plants hate sunlight? Where are they getting their nutrition from exactly then?

It's not a plant, it's a fungus, the species that can take over an ant's brain. Fair point about the flamethrowers, though. I still think the most realistic zombie depiction was the first Night of the Living Dead, because it ends with an organized posse eliminating the zombies the next day.

G

Well gang, i guess we really are the last of us, am i right?

BE49D244-152E-4538-A4FC-027AAF5E6DAB.jpg

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
I generally enjoy it but this show is really strangely paced. 3 episodes in and practically nothing has happened. It works in the game because you've got all the gameplay but it feels like the story is really sparse when you're just watching it.

I dunno how they're gonna cram all the rest of the stuff that happens in the game in 6 episodes.

Huh?

Forum Clout
I generally enjoy it but this show is really strangely paced. 3 episodes in and practically nothing has happened. It works in the game because you've got all the gameplay but it feels like the story is really sparse when you're just watching it.

I dunno how they're gonna cram all the rest of the stuff that happens in the game in 6 episodes.
They're not. It's going to be multiple seasons.
I stand corrected, guess they want to cram the first game into Season 1 and use Season 2 for the second game and then expand the TLOU universe, maaaaan.

Also, Episode 3 was unwatchable garbage. No one needed to see the actual gay sex. It was such woke, virtue signaling trash.

Last edited: