• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Has an African writer ever made big money from writing? Like big, properly wealthy money. Preferably one that isn't also British or American.

Forum Clout
Shocker... Oogie doesn't care about the craft, he just wants to get rich.

Screenshot_20231127-104723_Chrome.jpg

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
He doesn’t even like to write and says he can’t even submit what publishers ask for because he gets tired quickly because he’s so lazy. It’s funny how him and Pat have so much in common - they’re both lazy, have huge egos but thin skin, can’t be bothered to read, and barely write anything yet want to be praised 24/7 for their very little work output.

RickReternal

I hope people Ouija you tweets after your dead
Forum Clout
Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart entered the canon in the mid-90s. That dude was rich no question when he died unless he was completely retarded.

Also VS Naipaul is very widely read and assigned in thousands of colleges every year. I think he’s Indian South African so Ooga may not like him for this purpose.

…thinking about this, I am shocked that Ooga doesn’t know who Chinua Achebe is.

cliveowen

stlaker
Forum Clout
Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart entered the canon in the mid-90s. That dude was rich no question when he died unless he was completely retarded.

Also VS Naipaul is very widely read and assigned in thousands of colleges every year. I think he’s Indian South African so Ooga may not like him for this purpose.

…thinking about this, I am shocked that Ooga doesn’t know who Chinua Achebe is.
Never heard of it so I looked at the plot on Wikipedia

Okonkwo is selected by the elders to be the guardian of Ikemefuna, a boy taken as a peace settlement between Umuofia and another clan after Ikemefuna's father killed an Umuofian woman. The boy lives with Okonkwo's family and Okonkwo grows fond of him, although Okonkwo does not show his fondness so as not to appear weak. The boy looks up to Okonkwo and considers him a second father. The Oracle of Umuofia eventually pronounces that the boy must be killed. Ezeudu, the oldest man in the village, warns Okonkwo that he should have nothing to do with the murder because it would be like killing his own child – but to avoid seeming weak and feminine to the other men of the village, Okonkwo disregards the warning from the old man, striking the killing blow himself. For many days after killing Ikemefuna, Okonkwo feels guilty and saddened.

What an interesting and diverse culture.

Faggot Boqposter

The Alawite Assassin
Forum Clout
There are some South African writers who sell very well! I’m guessing their names are a bit Dutch or English for his tastes tho.

Also Egypt is the cultural center of the Arab world. There are some really good tv shows from Egypt, a few excellent movies, and-who would have thought-some authors who sell a lotta books! Also I can’t remember which one of the North African Arab shit holes she’s from, but I’m pretty sure a prolific Arabic romance author is from there.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
It's amazing how the skills OnA cultivated have allowed the collective to single out the biggest phonies in any situation, time and time again.
And yet we all got fooled by Jim and Anthony for a time. Oh well, live and learn. I think everyone here knew Joseph “Brother Joe” Cumia is/was a huge phony and definitely is/was a faggot

Forum Clout
He has this white people's pet mentality where people only become rich because white people let them. He is looking for someone who's paid some African millions of dollars so he can be the next to hold his hands out. Successful authors are trailblazers and would take "no one else has done..." as motivation. Ooga is looking for the handout line and upset that he can't find one.

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
Forum Clout
“Who am i? I ain’t trying to be better than the queen. I can’t. So I too want lots of money.”

The fucking entitlement of this bell pepper-nosed charlatan is something else. He mentions a woman who is apparently the “queen” of African writing, claims she didn’t get rich but wanted to, then says he isn’t on her level but wants lots of money anyway.

I hate this guy. He really is a bothersome creature. I hope he succumbs to his sniffleitis.

Nick_Carpinelli

PFG-ciple
Forum Clout
Never heard of it so I looked at the plot on Wikipedia

What an interesting and diverse culture.

We were supposed to read that book in high school but I could not get through it because of how unpronounceable all the names are. Two decades later and I still couldn't even make it through that summary without losing interest.