• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Fat author receives literary criticism.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
AB410767-EC6-D-4-A04-A763-2-B67813-A3-A2-D.jpg

35-E04-B6-F-51-C0-4-A37-94-D7-12097-BD4-BC88.jpg
Found on /helpastrugglingfathobbyist

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Speak for yourself, knave! Pat's so proud but so lazy, he struts as much as a peacock pie sitting on the table!

Liam-Neeson-Taken.jpg

What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
I love this bit. I truly enjoyed it

Inconsistent Character Traits:
“First smiled. Her living, indeed her very survival was dependent on her powers of observation. She noticed everything out of reflex, the way other people breathed.”

This is the first time we're hearing about this. We've seen how First survives; stealing cars and running the shell game. Neither of those required super-natural strength powers of observation. In fact, there was hardly a detail provided in any of the scenes depicting her work that showed she noticed anything.

And speaking of things First doesn't notice - there's no rhyme or reason to anything she knows about outer space. Our savvy, street-wise savant doesn't know what two of the six alien species who make up the Assembly government thing are, doesn't know how ships handle G-forces, totally missed hearing about the episode where some gas miners accidentally sucked up an electricity-controlling alien into their ship which then nearly took over the galaxy for a few centuries - ending when they were given a seat on the Assembly council just to get them to stop stealing every starship they came across, but she will know some random detail when you think you can make a joke out of it. It makes her look despicably ignorant.