• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Ever get caught in a lie at work?

Forum Clout
I said in a Teams meeting today that King Crimson is my favourite band, even though I only know two of their albums. I just said it in passing to be affable towards a couple of music guys in the meeting. Later on, I made a refence to Close to the Edge (Yes album) as a King Crimson album, and even though they didn't say anything, I know they realized I had lied. They're probably shit talking me at this very moment.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
I said in a Teams meeting today that King Crimson is my favourite band, even though I only know two of their albums. I just said it in passing to be affable towards a couple of music guys in the meeting. Later on, I made a refence to Close to the Edge (Yes album) as a King Crimson album, and even though they didn't say anything, I know they realized I had lied. They're probably shit talking me at this very moment.

This is an easy fix.
Tell them that you said Close to the Edge because you were thinking about how the Bill Bruford era of King Crimson (Larks' Tongue in Aspic, Starless and Bible Black, and Red) is the band's definitive era - largely due to Bruford's contributions - and you often wonder;

"Had Bruford not left Yes after Close to the Edge, would those Crimson records be still be held in such high regard?"

Last edited:

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
I was very nearly busted for taking drugs in the bathroom. By an incredible bit of good fortune, I had some Calm brand magnesium in my desk drawer that was also a white powder that you mix with water. So, I said that was what the cleaning lady must have noticed and that I was taking it because I've been having trouble sleeping. Yes, I have been quite tired at work lately! But, I think it's been getting better.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
This is an easy fix.
Tell them that you said Close to the Edge because you were thinking about how much the Bill Bruford era of King Crimson (Larks' Tongue in Aspic, Starless and Bible Black, and Red) is the band's definitive era - largely due to Bruford's contributions - and you often wonder;

"Had Bruford not left Yes after Close to the Edge, would those Crimson records be still be held in such high regard?"
That's what I was thinking.