• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Ed Tyll / WLUP Chicago

Salted Earth Truffle

Eric Hildeman poked my no-no hole when I was 5
Forum Clout
Am I the only one who used to love this show? Stumbled upon it in junior high so I dunno if it’s held up but I barely slept three hours a night throughout high school because of that show.

Salted Earth Truffle

Forum Clout
He was before my time, but a lot of the guys I used to work with as kid would bring up his show when talking radio.
Wow I feel old as shit (because I am). But that’s interesting to know; no one else literally ever knows who I’m talking about when I mention him.

For some reason the interview I really remember was when he had a phone sex operator on the show (circa 1988). She said she would masturbate along with the guys and then make them guess what she’d used on herself. One guy asked for a hint and she said “It’s something you can eat.” The answer was carrot but he guessed potato chip.

Forum Clout
Wow I feel old as shit (because I am). But that’s interesting to know; no one else literally ever knows who I’m talking about when I mention him.

For some reason the interview I really remember was when he had a phone sex operator on the show (circa 1988). She said she would masturbate along with the guys and then make them guess what she’d used on herself. One guy asked for a hint and she said “It’s something you can eat.” The answer was carrot but he guessed potato chip.
I was working summer construction as a young lad and was attempting to get my dumb friend into O&A. The senior guys heard and countered with Ed Tyll saying that he was shocking and a compelling storyteller.

They would bring up how he got booted from Chicago right before the Bulls went on their run.

What kind of an asshole would guess potato chip?

Salted Earth Truffle

Forum Clout
The senior guys heard and countered with Ed Tyll saying that he was shocking and a compelling storyteller.
I’m such a retard that I only just looked him up on YouTube and there are quite a few videos of him. Plus he’s actually livestreaming now:

They would bring up how he got booted from Chicago right before the Bulls went on their run.
I don’t know anything about the timelines and am not sure when I had to give up the show so I could get SOME sleep for school. But it was the late 1980s/early 1990s. Definitely would have sucked to miss out on the Bulls content just as it got good. (I didn’t grow up in Chicago and was tuning in from a few states over, late at night when AM turned interesting.)

I’m going to have to catch up with Ed’s work and see if it’s as compelling now as it was then.