East Side Dave Show Fez Tribute

Monk

I couldn't stop thinking of that ginger lunatic during the Field of Dreams game. He used to do weird, so stupid they were funny videos on Youtube and one of them was Field of Dreams 2: You Should Have Sold The Farm, Ray.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Dave, moreso than Fez or Staples, might just be the real sad case of the entire Ron and Fez era.

I hear so many people that say he probably would've been the handpicked successor to Fez post-retirement. While I go back and forth on that, I tend to agree. But the dumb Fuck was so self destructive and stupid, married that leech whore who fucked god knows how many men behind his pale Irish back, and put himself in a financial hole that he actually gave Sirius an ultimatum price to stay - and lost.

There's a line in "A Bronx Tale" that fits him to a Tomlinson T - "Waste of talent."

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Hard to bash ESD when he was one of the handful of folks who actually worked with Fez, but...

He's literally phoning in the East Side Dave Show these days. Good that there's a board op producer actually in the NYC Cumia studio while Dave skypes in from his living room.
He doesn’t get paid or makes very little. It’s basically the same thing that caused him to quite Ron and Fez. Most of the guests on Compound Skype in, so why not?

It is insane to think that Sam Roberts is making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year while ESD is broke.
Dave, moreso than Fez or Staples, might just be the real sad case of the entire Ron and Fez era.

I hear so many people that say he probably would've been the handpicked successor to Fez post-retirement. While I go back and forth on that, I tend to agree. But the dumb Fuck was so self destructive and stupid, married that leech whore who fucked god knows how many men behind his pale Irish back, and put himself in a financial hole that he actually gave Sirius an ultimatum price to stay - and lost.

There's a line in "A Bronx Tale" that fits him to a Tomlinson T - "Waste of talent."
What was his options though, besides not knocking up a crazy bitch? He had two young kids, a wife that didn’t work and an hour long commute into Manhattan while making like $35,000 a year. While the cohost of the show said two words a week. It’s not like Dave was on the show for six months and asked for a raise, he was the cohost of the show for years and was getting paid less than most O&A producers.

UnPRePared

He doesn’t get paid or makes very little. It’s basically the same thing that caused him to quite Ron and Fez. Most of the guests on Compound Skype in, so why not?

It is insane to think that Sam Roberts is making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year while ESD is broke.

What was his options though, besides not knocking up a crazy bitch? He had two young kids, a wife that didn’t work and an hour long commute into Manhattan while making like $35,000 a year. While the cohost of the show said two words a week. It’s not like Dave was on the show for six months and asked for a raise, he was the cohost of the show for years and was getting paid less than most O&A producers.

I don't disagree with anything you said.

But his choice? The choice is easy... You know what you make. You know that you're already limited. So, you either DON'T get married, or if you do, YOU DON'T HAVE FUCKING KIDS.

He was young and stupid, so of course he didn't consider those things. I wasn't much smarter at that age either. But schinkle bout it - he was the true second mic for a long time, and moreso than anyone besides Ron, helped mold Hicks into what he became. XM didn't have to pay him what he deserved because he wasn't a host in official title. He KNEW this. So you bide your time and play the game, because you have to.

Marrying Casey was the beginning of the end and put him into the hole he never crawled out of. It might not be a popular opinion around here, but for that alone I don't feel sorry for him.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
I don't disagree with anything you said.

But his choice? The choice is easy... You know what you make. You know that you're already limited. So, you either DON'T get married, or if you do, YOU DON'T HAVE FUCKING KIDS.

He was young and stupid, so of course he didn't consider those things. I wasn't much smarter at that age either. But schinkle bout it - he was the true second mic for a long time, and moreso than anyone besides Ron, helped mold Hicks into what he became. XM didn't have to pay him what he deserved because he wasn't a host in official title. He KNEW this. So you bide your time and play the game, because you have to.

Marrying Casey was the beginning of the end and put him into the hole he never crawled out of. It might not be a popular opinion around here, but for that alone I don't feel sorry for him.
Bide your time for another decade until Ron is almost 60 and Fez finally retires? Not that he is in a better position at this point but Dave was getting paid dogshit, Gail probably makes more than he does right now. Ron and Fez had no clout, if they did they could have got Dave something reasonable to live on.

Of course he was a moron for not taking Fez’s $24,000 a year offer, nearly doubling his income from his own pocket but the host shouldn’t have to come out of pocket to pay the guy.

One of the funniest guys on the entire platform shouldn’t have been making $12 an hour for years.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
Bide your time for another decade until Ron is almost 60 and Fez finally retires? Not that he is in a better position at this point but Dave was getting paid dogshit, Gail probably makes more than he does right now. Ron and Fez had no clout, if they did they could have got Dave something reasonable to live on.

Of course he was a moron for not taking Fez’s $24,000 a year offer, nearly doubling his income from his own pocket but the host shouldn’t have to come out of pocket to pay the guy.

One of the funniest guys on the entire platform shouldn’t have been making $12 an hour for years.

Well, Dave did himself no favors when he entered negotiations by saying "I will work for Ron & Fez for free."

Dave had a gig at the Howard Stern show lined up before he heard Ron & Fez were hiring.
He chose to try out for R&F and blew off his guaranteed job with Stern.

UnPRePared

Well, Dave did himself no favors when he entered negotiations by saying "I will work for Ron & Fez for free."

Dave had a gig at the Howard Stern show lined up before he heard Ron & Fez were hiring.
He chose to try out for R&F and blew off his guaranteed job with Stern.

Bloody hell, I couldn't imagine Dave at Stern.

I don't mean I can't picture him doing whatever Howard wanted - I could, and he would - I just think he'd end up being too extreme for even him. Like, so extreme that Richard Christy would say "Maaaannnn, that guy's craaaaazzzyyyyy."

DMAN

NYC Mayor
Bloody hell, I couldn't imagine Dave at Stern.

I don't mean I can't picture him doing whatever Howard wanted - I could, and he would - I just think he'd end up being too extreme for even him. Like, so extreme that Richard Christy would say "Maaaannnn, that guy's craaaaazzzyyyyy."

Dave would have contributed more than KC Armstrong, JD, shit anyone except Sal and Richard.
In fact, Dave would have been a one man Sal and Richard.

He likely would've suffered the Billy West fate, too perfect for the show, Howard would get jealous, and screw him over.

It's a crying shame that Dave is rotting away and getting no hits.
If Sam Roberts must be involved, the best case scenario would be Special Delivery with Norton as third mic.
This Jim and Sam shit can't last much longer.

Ray, Just home from my morning run... I never find loose change... I've been picking up pennies all over the place this week. I like to think this is Fezzie's way of leaving me a couple bucks.

UnPRePared

Dave would have contributed more than KC Armstrong, JD, shit anyone except Sal and Richard.
In fact, Dave would have been a one man Sal and Richard.

He likely would've suffered the Billy West fate, too perfect for the show, Howard would get jealous, and screw him over.

It's a crying shame that Dave is rotting away and getting no hits.
If Sam Roberts must be involved, the best case scenario would be Special Delivery with Norton as third mic.
This Jim and Sam shit can't last much longer.

Ray, Just home from my morning run... I never find loose change... I've been picking up pennies all over the place this week. I like to think this is Fezzie's way of leaving me a couple bucks.

The Big Cat lives in all of us.

Although if he really wanted to flex his power up there, he'd have cats everywhere saying "Cookie".