• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Dexter (2006)

G

[URL unfurl="true"]https://lookmovie2.to/shows/view/0773262-dexter-2006[/URL]

First season was great and the second was even better working as many plot points as possible without missing a beat. Third was impressive exploring new themes without being boring. Fourth was a definite high with Lithgow and Hall playing off each other and should have been the final season.

Fifth was straight pulp with Desmond Harrington playing a shortshanks Doakes. Six had Tom Hanks’ son for some reason. It also has ‘Nebraska’ and ‘Smokey and the Bandit.’ Some of the most solid eps in the series after 2.

7 was Slav/Latin gang war with Deb getting some much needed characterization. The beginning was definitely superior to the start of the season though. Season 8 was such a bad cop out it inspired an even worse series finale.

Edit: there might be some inbox checking but it’s malware free despite the initial redirection.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
One of the dumbest shows of all time. Worse than Breaking Bad. Another one of reddit's favorite shows. Main actor is clearly a sodomite in real life and you can see him sashaying like a faggot Anthony-style in lots of his scenes.

Plots are retarded. Dexter would be caught in the first season. Doakes is an idiot. Confronts Dexter with no backup at all. Just like Hank in Breaking Bad where he tries to arrest Walt with zero backup. And surprise......fails to arrest anyone and gets killed. Both Hank and Doakes die in the same exact way where the main characters are saved by someone else because the writers still want fans rooting for Walt and Dexter.

Show is for fags.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
One of the dumbest shows of all time. Worse than Breaking Bad. Another one of reddit's favorite shows. Main actor is clearly a sodomite in real life and you can see him sashaying like a faggot Anthony-style in lots of his scenes.

Plots are retarded. Dexter would be caught in the first season. Doakes is an idiot. Confronts Dexter with no backup at all. Just like Hank in Breaking Bad where he tries to arrest Walt with zero backup. And surprise......fails to arrest anyone and gets killed. Both Hank and Doakes die in the same exact way where the main characters are saved by someone else because the writers still want fans rooting for Walt and Dexter.

Show is for fags.
Shut up cunt

G

Show is for fags.
Can you honestly think of a show that is slightly realistic? And all actors are swish jobs. I mean that’s a given. Dexter slicing up pedos, gang bangers, child murderers and rapists was a nice bit of off the clock distraction. It’s tension relief, brothaman. These aren’t real people.

G

Show is for fags.

I remember my ex at the time really being into this show and pushing it along with Criminal Minds at me... I watched them as a favor to her but it was like torture, unbearably bad and geared towards women.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Can you honestly think of a show that is slightly realistic? And all actors are swish jobs. I mean that’s a given. Dexter slicing up pedos, gang bangers, child murderers and rapists was a nice bit of off the clock distraction. It’s tension relief, brothaman. These aren’t real people.
Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire have very little in them that are ridiculously fake or contrived unless played for comedy (like a dentist injecting cocaine into an unconscious bootlegger, or Tony pulling a gun out of a fish for a goof, Chrissy and Paulie getting caught in the woods). Even for their stupid premises stuff like Veep, Oz, Silicon Valley, Barry, kept things consistent and never took themselves seriously. The Shield was over the top but it started that way in the first episode when they were killing cops so when it kept going to extremes every season it wasn't jarring it was expected.

Dexter's premise is too absurd. I can suspend disbelief for dragons in the Game of Thrones world because it is a mindless dumb fantasy show for teenagers and edgelords. So they cram it with nudity, cursing, and obvious fantasy elements like knights and dragons. Dexter every single season is caught by someone else. The ice truck killer in season one, Doakes and his girlfriend in two, Miguel in season three, Trinity in season four. Dexter is a sloppy idiot who gets caught every season but NEVER gets caught by the cops out of pure plot convenience.

When guys like Tony Sopranos or Vic Mackey didn't get caught until the last season it made sense. The writers always gave them an out that made sense like killing their friends or whacking a rival and in the end having to become informants. Dexter only doesn't get caught because of plot armor. Not because his character is well written. He just magically has the police act retarded. The Breaking Bad style of plot armor for Walt where his enemies like Hank and Gus act like blithering idiots when they make their move against him.

G

Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire have very little in them that are ridiculously fake or contrived unless played for comedy (like a dentist injecting cocaine into an unconscious bootlegger, or Tony pulling a gun out of a fish for a goof, Chrissy and Paulie getting caught in the woods). Even for their stupid premises stuff like Veep, Oz, Silicon Valley, Barry, kept things consistent and never took themselves seriously. The Shield was over the top but it started that way in the first episode when they were killing cops so when it kept going to extremes every season it wasn't jarring it was expected.

Dexter's premise is too absurd. I can suspend disbelief for dragons in the Game of Thrones world because it is a mindless dumb fantasy show for teenagers and edgelords. So they cram it with nudity, cursing, and obvious fantasy elements like knights and dragons. Dexter every single season is caught by someone else. The ice truck killer in season one, Doakes and his girlfriend in two, Miguel in season three, Trinity in season four. Dexter is a sloppy idiot who gets caught every season but NEVER gets caught by the cops out of pure plot convenience.

When guys like Tony Sopranos or Vic Mackey didn't get caught until the last season it made sense. The writers always gave them an out that made sense like killing their friends or whacking a rival and in the end having to become informants. Dexter only doesn't get caught because of plot armor. Not because his character is well written. He just magically has the police act retarded. The Breaking Bad style of plot armor for Walt where his enemies like Hank and Gus act like blithering idiots when they make their move against him.
Somebody like Dexter especially being tethered to the police could definitely get away with what he was doing for a certain period of time. Edmund Kemper had to actually go to the local police station to convince his cop friends that he was guilty. Admittedly the series hurt itself by going on way too long so eventually it got to be almost a meme how incompetent Miami Metro was.

If you can look past the shortcomings of The Sopranos to tell stories then you can appreciate Dexter. The FBI planting a bug that Meadow incidentally takes, people being shot in broad daylight, Walnuts and Christopher killing a waiter and not getting caught because they ‘don’t know us up here,’ Christopher actually murdering a cop while leaving his fingerprints everywhere, etc. If you can accept the fact that it seems like no homicide detectives work in New Jersey then for at least four seasons Dexter not being caught should seem plausible.

To be honest I’ve seen only Oz out of all of the other shows you mentioned which just confuses me all the more why you can’t accept Dexter as a set up.

chocolatehellhole

You are not creative, nor destructive. I am both.
Forum Clout
aworldofdanbull.png

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
The Sopranos ruined television. The horrible ending was the least of its crimes. It inspired highly serialized over-dramatized pap on every single network. "Golden Age of TV" my ass. More like an excuse to fill the content void with 12 hours of B-roll and BTS footage edited to look like part of the show.

You don't need 87 seasons to tell a fucking story. TV shows should be 30 minutes. Maybe Seinfeld wasn't so bad after all.

G

Obviously the premise is a bit far fetched but it’s a tv show and it’s an enjoyable one with him taking out various pieces of shit while having his own inner struggle. I also look at it differently because I first watched it in middle school when i thought SOA was awesome, which it is :image_9247:. Like any long running show it loses its way and just gets stupid like with his childhood doctor who apparently trains serial killers.

Deb was so fucking annoying she was the most hateable character of any show I’ve watched. Her cursing outbursts were so forced and her constant crying mixed with Bell’s palsy was annoying to look at.

Toast

Forum Clout
His wife in the fourth season was basically my ideal women. Her dying broke my little faggot heart and turned me off from the show.

G

[URL unfurl="true"]https://lookmovie2.to/shows/view/0773262-dexter-2006[/URL]

First season was great and the second was even better working as many plot points as possible without missing a beat. Third was impressive exploring new themes without being boring. Fourth was a definite high with Lithgow and Hall playing off each other and should have been the final season.

Fifth was straight pulp with Desmond Harrington playing a shortshanks Doakes. Six had Tom Hanks’ son for some reason. It also has ‘Nebraska’ and ‘Smokey and the Bandit.’ Some of the most solid eps in the series after 2.

7 was Slav/Latin gang war with Deb getting some much needed characterization. The beginning was definitely superior to the start of the season though. Season 8 was such a bad cop out it inspired an even worse series finale.

Edit: there might be some inbox checking but it’s malware free despite the initial redirection.
The fifth season was with the self help guy right? I tapped out a couple episodes in, maybe even the first episode. Way too corny at that point like you mentioned. They should have used that season to wrap it up and conclude the series.