• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Cyber Punk recommendations (books)

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
Forum Clout
Does anyone here read cyber punk, and if so, could you throw me recommendations.

I just read Hardwired, it was okay. I got the flu last week so there was like 3 day gap where I got a little lost picking it back up.

I've read neuromancer years ago, but don't remember it. I'm going to have to re read it. I also read Snow Crash, back in 2009 (when I was in Iraq). I remember it being pretty good but like a lot of those 70 - 80s sci fi or horror books, it had a sex part with a 14 or 15 year old girl and a fat guy.

anyway, recommendations

Hoolies

For me? It's Ken Waller!
Forum Clout
Not a big scifi fella, but a brotherman here recommended Blindsight by Peter Watts. It's cyberpunk… but in space!

Forum Clout
Burning Chrome (collection), Neuromancer, Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive by William Gibson all qualify. If you like those, read his Bridge and Blue Ant (holeeshit) trilogies too. They're not quite cyberpunk aesthetically, having an almost present day setting, but they deal with the same type of interesting stuff about society and technology. The only downside is that Gibson's hardboiled prose can get pretty fucking verbose at times, making some parts a chore to get through. All worth it in the end though.

The same goes for Neal Stephenson's books after Snow Crash. I've read everything from Zodiac up to the Baroque circle, and it's all pfg if you like Snow Crash, even though the settings vary.

Last edited:
Forum Clout
it had a sex part with a 14 or 15 year old girl and a fat guy.

20220922_145001.jpg

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan is fucking great.

Don’t watch the TV adaptation and you can skip the rest of the books he wrote in the series.

Forum Clout
Pat Cadigan- Synners
Walter Jon Williams- Hardwired
Bruce Sterling- Schismatrix
Bruce Sterling- Islands in the Net
Martha Wells- All Systems Red

I read da Difference Engine by Bruce Sterling and William Gibson a long time ago. Can't remember if it was good or not.