Could Hooligans have been the one funding the lawsuit?

G

That shit takes a long time to fix. A restaurant near me got damaged in a fire a couple years ago up in the vents and shit. Basically no visible damage, the place looked fine. It still took them about 5 months to reopen and this was people who owned multiple places in NYC and shit, not some Milwaukee bumpkin who probably isn’t sitting on a ton of cash. I bet it comes back eventually.

That shit takes a long time to fix. A restaurant near me got damaged in a fire a couple years ago up in the vents and shit. Basically no visible damage, the place looked fine. It still took them about 5 months to reopen and this was people who owned multiple places in NYC and shit, not some Milwaukee bumpkin who probably isn’t sitting on a ton of cash. I bet it comes back eventually.
Then again, I know a place that back around March had their liquor license suspended until October for violating Covid rules last year. Bar had been around 80 years and was beloved by many. In a matter of 1 month it was literally demolished because the owner knew they were fucked. Whoever bought it had it demo’d instead of preserving the place which I thought was a scumbag move.
Every week that goes by that Hooligans isnt open is insanely costly

G

Then again, I know a place that back around March had their liquor license suspended until October for violating Covid rules last year. Bar had been around 80 years and was beloved by many. In a matter of 1 month it was literally demolished because the owner knew they were fucked. Whoever bought it had it demo’d instead of preserving the place which I thought was a scumbag move.
It’s certainly possible that they can’t do it but it seems like they are trying to. The first thing that pops up when you go to the webpage says opening date coming soon. I think even if the owner wasn’t able to get it done someone else would probably buy it and open it back up. Apparently this place is an institution in the area so I think someone will make it happen.

Based on the details you've given, I think I might know the place you are talking about. This is probably a common tale though, so it may be a completely different place.