• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Cigars

Prince Bvstin

Forum Clout
I've become quite fond of cigars since I quit smoking cigarettes. I like those big fat cuban ones but whatever I buy ends up being all dry and bleh. Someone brought me some from Cuba which kind of got me into it and i really liked them but I forgot the name and threw the box. Is anyone familiar here/can recommend something mid range/budget friendly.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout
Oliva is a good maker and Placensia is making some stuff that the aficionados are really into. Both makers offer sticks in the $10-$15 range.

Other than that, it's hard to recommend anything unless you know what someone likes. Are you into milder flavors or more robust? What kind of cutter do you have? You can't clip a figurado (rounded or pointed cap cigars) if you only have a punch and not a cutter. Also, on the topic of cutters, stay away from V cutters. Most of them are trash, and even the good ones can fuck up the cap if you don't know what you're doing. You really want a double bladed guillotine style cutter to start with.

Also, stay away from the jet torch style lighters. Look for a "soft flame" lighter instead. The jet flame style lighters can fuck up the taste of a cigar in the hands of a novice. The soft flame lighter is a similar flame to like a Bic lighter, but without the horrible taste.

The way you cut and light a cigar will have a noticable impact on the experience.

There's a lot that goes into it. The best thing you can do is find a good smoke shop, drop $50 on a few sticks the tobacconist recommends, and figure out what you're into. Grab a candela if one is available - they're wrapped in a green leaf and are usually pretty mild. I'm not even into mild cigars, but they are some of my favorite smokes.

@Unarmed-Dindu 3-4 cigars a week is basically harmless unless you're a faggot trying to inhale them. The only thing you really have to worry about is mouth cancer, but I'd only worry about that if I was smoking 2-3 cigars every day.

Oh yeah, get a humidor. That's essential if you don't want your cigars to crack and fall apart

G

That's a pretty bad ass habit to pick up bossman, please do have fun!

Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 4.23.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 4.23.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 4.24.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 4.25.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 4.25.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 4.26.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 4.27.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 4.31.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 4.31.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 4.32.35 PM.png

@Unarmed-Dindu 3-4 cigars a week is basically harmless unless you're a faggot trying to inhale them. The only thing you really have to worry about is mouth cancer, but I'd only worry about that if I was smoking 2-3 cigars every day.

Oh yeah, get a humidor. That's essential if you don't want your cigars to crack and fall apart

This is major cope

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.
Forum Clout
A cigar, much like respect, is earned, not given, my sweet summer childs.

Which is why I don't smell like an old library book with mouth cancer.

All jokes aside, how does someone smoke anything without looking like a douchebag in 2023?

Somewhat unrelated, here's a pic of Jennifer Tilly.

d5e4bd656c23b9e6bf579dddf0e0b4f0.jpg

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
All jokes aside, how does someone smoke anything without looking like a douchebag in 2023?
I'm typicall by myself, walking. Or at the end of a hike outside. I smoked with some friends and family at my wedding, and didn't feel like a douchebag at all. I know a lot do it when fishing or golfing.

Just don't make being a "cigar guy" your personality and it's all good, brothaman.

Mel.jpg

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.
Forum Clout
I'm typicall by myself, walking. Or at the end of a hike outside. I smoked with some friends and family at my wedding, and didn't feel like a douchebag at all. I know a lot do it when fishing or golfing.

Just don't make being a "cigar guy" your personality and it's all good, brothaman.

View attachment 94376
That's my train of thought. There has to be some sort of achievement to warrant a cigar. I'll work on something in the meantime.

c7d71cd0048bf0d94216f1fa2295a0ca.jpg

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
That's my train of thought. There has to be some sort of achievement to warrant a cigar. I'll work on something in the meantime.

c7d71cd0048bf0d94216f1fa2295a0ca.jpg
Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's not great for you, either. I know a lot of the pro-cigar forums act like it's not bad unless you smoke a bunch every day, but I still try to limit to occasions that warraant it, as well

Prince Bvstin

Forum Clout
Oliva is a good maker and Placensia is making some stuff that the aficionados are really into. Both makers offer sticks in the $10-$15 range.

Other than that, it's hard to recommend anything unless you know what someone likes. Are you into milder flavors or more robust? What kind of cutter do you have? You can't clip a figurado (rounded or pointed cap cigars) if you only have a punch and not a cutter. Also, on the topic of cutters, stay away from V cutters. Most of them are trash, and even the good ones can fuck up the cap if you don't know what you're doing. You really want a double bladed guillotine style cutter to start with.

Also, stay away from the jet torch style lighters. Look for a "soft flame" lighter instead. The jet flame style lighters can fuck up the taste of a cigar in the hands of a novice. The soft flame lighter is a similar flame to like a Bic lighter, but without the horrible taste.

The way you cut and light a cigar will have a noticable impact on the experience.

There's a lot that goes into it. The best thing you can do is find a good smoke shop, drop $50 on a few sticks the tobacconist recommends, and figure out what you're into. Grab a candela if one is available - they're wrapped in a green leaf and are usually pretty mild. I'm not even into mild cigars, but they are some of my favorite smokes.

Umm I just smoke them the day I buy them usually, I've been living in a warm humid climate area so didn't need a humador. I just smoke maybe one every week or so anyway. I don't have a cutter i just whip the end off with a fruit knife. I tend to like cigars that smell a bit funky and mature quite woody and fragrant before you light them. Most of the ones I've bought seem to smell bitter. I've purchased randomly from airports, tobacconists and bodegas with no idea what I'm doing. I just go on price.i bought a Romeo y Juliette or some shit yesterday haven't smoked it yet as haven't had a chance to get drunk.

Prince Bvstin

Forum Clout
Why would you quit smoking cigarettes and pick up cigar smoking? That’s like quitting Percocet and picking up a fentanyl habit
My wife thinks smoking cigars is like sitting around scented candles for men. I promised I'd quit smoking and this is kind of my work around for when I'm drinking.

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Forum Clout
My wife thinks smoking cigars is like sitting around scented candles for men. I promised I'd quit smoking and this is kind of my work around for when I'm drinking.
Start packing a lip. That’s what I did when I quit smoking

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout
Dip is the lowest class thing anyone can do with tobacco. It's lower class than asking someone for shorts on a square

BigBeanFatty

The Official Hungry Bean.
Forum Clout
Tobacco is one of my favorite smells, but having to smoke for 40 minutes straight is just too much for me. It's like having to eat a whole tray of hors d'oeuvre and bottle of champagne when you really just want one canape and a modest coupe.