• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Chinaman Guitars and Lost Gigs

lowend73

Forum Clout
Is Joe a competent guitarist? I would say yes, however the fact is that playing clubs/covers/one man bands is his lane.

Why does he insist that he be treated like a touring musician? Could Joe make it as a session musician?

He is a perfect example of not knowing your limits. I play bass, and I know it will be Open Mics with Joe like guitarists. Will never be pro, semi pro, or an advanced player. Putting club owners , other musicians on blast is the reason he now brings the Digi Tech. People probably have no reason to join a band with him. Like Anthony, all goodwill has been carpet bombed due too cow like incompetence and overall asshole behavior.

sinbad

Accomplished comedian sinbad
Forum Clout
Is Joe a competent guitarist? I would say yes, however the fact is that playing clubs/covers/one man bands is his lane.

Why does he insist that he be treated like a touring musician? Could Joe make it as a session musician?

He is a perfect example of not knowing your limits. I play bass, and I know it will be Open Mics with Joe like guitarists. Will never be pro, semi pro, or an advanced player. Putting club owners , other musicians on blast is the reason he now brings the Digi Tech. People probably have no reason to join a band with him. Like Anthony, all goodwill has been carpet bombed due too cow like incompetence and overall asshole behavior.
It's because he has the biggest ego ever

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Competency is graded on a curve.

Is he listenable? At times. Can he play by ear? I think so. Does he stay in tune? Ask Blue Oyster Cult.

The real test would be hearing him play an original song he created. THAT I'd pay for, because yes, it's not something just any guitarist can do, but if I heard him play something uniquely his own, I could give you a definitive yes or no.

Right now, all I can say is I've heard far better, but there's definitely much worse out there.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout

I think the other thing no one is bringing up is that competency isn’t just about technical skill - i.e, can you actually play the guitar. Is it not also about some form of creativity too?

Joe could not be a session musician and i’ll explain why. Being a session musician doesn’t mean you can read a sheet of music and play it. It means can you also work with the music. What if the sheet music calls for a solo? This is why you look at something like Frank Zappas bands and they’re always the best of the best in terms of session musicians. Joe wouldn’t even fly as a SM for a band on the come up. He has no creativity. Listen to the guitar solo in Oh Dara that Ant fawned over. It’s literally just a basic scale, nothing impressive. Nothing memorable.

He insists being treated like an actual musician because he is a boomer with an ego. The man could not sit down and write / record an original song of his own and can play covers. Congratulations, you have a good ear and muscle memory. Might as well be playing guitar hero.

Edit: However, the one skill I will give Joe is that he can play with a band in a live setting aka the bare minimum.

Forum Clout
Joe is most definitely a competent guitar player, with a knack for memorizing the guitar parts of the classic rock chestnuts he favors. That said, he's ham-fisted, fat-fingered, and shortcut prone, plus he preens and postures a lot, which serves to mask his sloppiness. He never challenges himself as a musician, he never jams with anyone with real talent, he never attempts to master anything out of his comfort zone. And he associates buying tons of useless guitar junk with dedication to his craft, but it's more like buying a spoiler for a minivan. Like most amateur guitar hobbyists, he vastly overestimates his abilities, and sees himself as being "just like" more accomplished, better players, which he is not. On top of all that, he's also clearly difficult to work with, as no one wants to be in a band with him for very long. He no doubt sees this as a sign of his "perfectionism", but it's really about what a giant asshole he is.

Forum Clout

Stetten's Long Thumbers

Poot poot poot poot
Forum Clout
It sounds like any person who grabs a guitar off the wall in guitar center. Nothing special. About as good as a kid who’s been taking some guitar lessons.
Some 12 year old chinese kid playing for 9 months can outperform Joe.

Of course his faggot ass boomer will say some dumb shit like "yeah but he's got no soul", fucking retards recycle more Hendrix/Stevie Ray Vaughn licks

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
I think Joe's ego would keep him from success. Even as a session musician he'd walk in acting like he's one of the band when he's basically a musical day laborer. How long do you think they'd tolerate his demands before they'd say "Hey I think we've got it" and sent him on his way thinking he nailed it before replacing him.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
I think Joe's ego would keep him from success. Even as a session musician he'd walk in acting like he's one of the band when he's basically a musical day laborer. How long do you think they'd tolerate his demands before they'd say "Hey I think we've got it" and sent him on his way thinking he nailed it before replacing him.
You don’t think the producer of the song getting Joseph’s rider would be like “what the fuck? Turkey sandwiches, red Gatorade, and black and white towels?”