• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Child Torture Author Jason Sanford Attacks Old Man for Political Party Membership ... 40 Years Ago

Forum Clout
There's something about Jason Sanford that inspires a visceral revulsion and disgust. Perhaps it is the uncomfortable treatment of children in his stories like this child torture story involving a little girl he posted on his own website (archived so the internet will never forget, Jase!) That story is still up - he's never apologised. There's other examples, his story Paprika is mostly about an ancient mind in the body of a small girl, and a small boy (not really a boy has ancient mind so it's okay honest!) gets killed. Lovely fella.

So, I was hate-reading his August 2023 issue of his appalling newsletter, "Genre Grapevine" (never forget ever). Nearly the whole thing is about a 72 year old man getting a story accepted in July to The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction (F&SF). Why would anyone care. Because 40 years ago in 1983 this man was a member of a legal, far right political party in the UK. Which said old codger regrets. 40 years, more than half this old man's life and he cannot be forgiven or forgotten. It's a crisis. The magazine had to issue a statement.

Who even reads the magazine? I checked its circulation figures for advertisers (kept for comedy), "Average paid circulation 12 months ending 9/30/2005: 26,600". If you run a magazine and your ad sales page has quite literally not been updated for 20 years, you aint running that business well. Editor's a guy called Gordon Van Gelder. He has that 'Sanford' look going for him (Wikipedia).

The piece contains this jaw-dropping passage by Sanford,

"In the thread, Finlay describes a number of serious problems that came up during his tenure at F&SF. He states that when he took over as editor, he "inherited a story that ended with a sexual assault and the implication that the woman deserved it. I didn't see any way to rewrite the story to fix the problem, and I didn't want my name attached to its publication." He took the problem to Van Gelder, who was "not sympathetic to my concerns." Finlay ended up paying the kill fee for the story out of his own pocket so it wouldn’t be published, an astounding thing to see happen at any magazine.

Jason Sanford quite literally advertises his work with a free story on his website about child torture in which an underage girl is lured by an adult male in a literal white van to commission the torture of another child by adults. But a story featuring an adult woman being sexually assaulted is a, "serious" "problem" because of the, "implication that the woman deserved it". The child who is chosen for torture in Jason's story, a boy named, "Binny", is said to bully other children and punches the female protagonist. Some might say there is an implication from Jason that the child deserved it.

Okay, duly noted, Sanford. 40 years is not long enough for your content around children to be forgiven or forgotten.

Forum Clout
Who is this again? Is he the guy who ass fucked his wife in the Boston cathedral?

You seem to have a personal beef with this faggot. I wish you the best of luck with that. He’s perhaps the least funny pat pack member and legit gives me the creeps.
No personal beef ... it's like ... you know when you see a piece of crap on a sidewalk outside your house and it's gross and you have to hose it. Or you see a really icky bug and you have to step on it. It's like that. Except he's the bug / piece of crap and you just want him gone from the SF industry.

I've never met him. He's never done anything to me (although he's done plenty to others). He just brings out this loathing. Like you say, Sanford legit gives me the creeps.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Who is this again? Is he the guy who ass fucked his wife in the Boston cathedral?

You seem to have a personal beef with this faggot. I wish you the best of luck with that. He’s perhaps the least funny pat pack member and legit gives me the creeps.
I just want to know how big his “cut” has been for all of Ooga’s go fund me campaigns.

Faggot Boqposter

The Alawite Assassin
Forum Clout
No personal beef ... it's like ... you know when you see a piece of crap on a sidewalk outside your house and it's gross and you have to hose it. Or you see a really icky bug and you have to step on it. It's like that. Except he's the bug / piece of crap and you just want him gone from the SF industry.

I've never met him. He's never done anything to me (although he's done plenty to others). He just brings out this loathing. Like you say, Sanford legit gives me the creeps.
I get ya I do. I’d tell ya if I didn’t.

But i just want to laugh you know?

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
Forum Clout
@FandomFlame i think youre a fucking faggot that dresses like a goddamn hobbit. Get the fuck outta here. Youre not welcome. Your just as bad as the sfwa pedos. Faggot. Fuck off.

See this? Means NOT WELCOME
d50f0b963a0ce3f4003ae338227603a1.jpeg

Faggot Boqposter

The Alawite Assassin
Forum Clout
Nice lawsuit faggot. Youre gayer than Patrick. Thats why you hate KFs? Because they called you a faggot too. Fuck outta here Vordrak. Swatters arent welcome here. Neither are vexatious litigants.
Is this person a known entity? Is he one of the JDA fat comic book faggots?

G

Jason Sanford quite literally advertises his work with a free story on his website about child torture in which an underage girl is lured by an adult male in a literal white van to commission the torture of another child by adults. But a story featuring an adult woman being sexually assaulted is a, "serious" "problem" because of the, "implication that the woman deserved it". The child who is chosen for torture in Jason's story, a boy named, "Binny", is said to bully other children and punches the female protagonist. Some might say there is an implication from Jason that the child deserved it.

So that’s your vendetta?
A fag writes a story about raping a kid; so what?
Have you seen what theyre saying about lil warren over in comic crit?
Give me a hook, a reason to care.